1995 Audi A6 audio, HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Audi A6 audio, HELP!!!

I am looking into purchasing this car soon. I was wondering if it was possible to change the head unit in the car with still keeping the bose system? On crutchfield the told me it was possible but I would have to replace the bose factory stereo. If you think i should just stick with the basic stereo and just add a sub, could someone please describe how/what i need. ALso if i were to keep the stock stereo what do i need to play an ipod?

Thanks

Dave

You could try a FM transmitter. It's the easiest way to get MP3 player sound into car stereos. The debate, however, is if it gives you the best sound. Probably not, but it's working without the need of installing new cables/ hardware. Try that alternative first and see if it is good enough for your needs. There are cheap ones out there nowadays, so you won't spoil to much money if the FM transmitter solution doesn't do the job.

Comment

lol - there's no debate. FM modulators won't give you the best sound period. All depends on your standards for your car audio.
      Since it's a 12 year old car....i'd recomend pulling it all and starting over. speakers from back then weren't made all that well to begin with. With 12 summers and 12 winters under it's belt, the cars speakers have seen MUCH better days.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
        lol - there's no debate. FM modulators won't give you the best sound period. All depends on your standards for your car audio.

I have low standards for car audio and I cannot stand FM modulators! It is like listening to a cassette tape that has been around too many magnets.

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
        With 12 summers and 12 winters under it's belt, the cars speakers have seen MUCH better days.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
        X