HU Dimension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HU Dimension

I found This HU and i wondered what it was and what dimensions It had? Also I wondered if It would be ok to set up my HU and Carputer to work on the same Line. For example.. Excuse me I have the artistic prowess of an eight year old child who was forced to live in a dark basement without crayons for his whole childhood. **cough anyways**

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/RGDsltnangel/****tyDrawing2.jpg[/IMG]

The computer works perfectly but sometimes i just dont want to deal with it and use a regular head unit. Also and i think many will agree that fm radio sounds much better through a HU. My USB Radio is ok but Dosent compare to the ease of the HU.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by DesolationAngel; 08-27-2015, 11:09 AM.

I'd go car pc into the aux inputs of that deck then from the deck out to the amps
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

what if i want to use the deck to play cd's? Because the wife still uses the car and has no clue how to use carpc and dosent want to learn

Comment

im really more interested in the dimensions of the HU. for modding you know.

Comment

haha google brought me right back here...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17455

If you do what scott said you will still be able to play cds in the headunit. Your computer jsut becomes anotehr source for the HU if it has aux in
          System always under construction

Comment

HU dimensions are all the same.

It's a standard.

It's called a Din sized HU for a reason.

Every car that has a single din opening will take it.

A standard din opening is something like 2" tall, 7" wide
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Awesome thanks everybody and good call on the google thing too haha thats funny how google loves the mp3car. I do too. I didnt know it was a standard. I suppose thats good to know.

What is desmo? just curious. like desmodromic valve??

Comment

yeup - used in all recent Ducati motorcycles....like the two we have and love....
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                X