iPod Fidelity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod Fidelity

I've never experimented with a direct iPod connection before. Alpine and other head units support it. What is the overall fidelity of this connections? Do any of you have experience with this or actually have it?

I've been dodging the idea of buying an iPod simply because of the stranglehold Apple has achieved in the Mp3 market. And because I hate Apples . For instance, I bought a Creative Zen Touch instead, yet I haven't found a reliable method of connecting it to a car stereo through a direct connection and do this without affecting the overall sound of the track. It sounds like **** via faceplate Aux jack.

Thus it brings me to ask you this. Is the iPod direct connection as good as they say it is?
    +5hp motorsports

It's basically just an Aux connection with control, it really depends on your headunit I would guess. It does skip the headphone circuitry overall, though..

Comment

http://home.comcast.net/~machrone/pl...playertest.htm

Comment

Thank you very VERY much DigitalCorrect.

No wonder my zen sounds like **** with an FM Modulator. I didn't think that it dipped so badly under load. Wow.

Thats it. I'm convinced. I'm installing my brother's old Empeg into my car. KTHX!
        +5hp motorsports

Comment

Working...
        X