What size amp do you recomend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size amp do you recomend?

Hey guys, I have a MKV Rabbit. Its equipped with ten speakers, 5 on the drivers side and 5 on the passenger side. I was just wondering what type of amp you guys would recommend and that would support ten speakers? Thanks!
    '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:
    Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
    Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
    Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

In trouble...

?????????? WTF is a mkv rabbit (bugs bunnys Grandson). ten speakers is alot to put on one amp dependant on wattage i would suggest splitting them up over two amps , one for the left side and one for the right or front and back, depends obn the type of speakers and watt they are for are four of them tweeters and the others mids.???
    Wassup Manus

Comment

Originally posted by TheQuinsta View Post
      ?????????? WTF is a mkv rabbit (bugs bunnys Grandson). ten speakers is alot to put on one amp dependant on wattage i would suggest splitting them up over two amps , one for the left side and one for the right or front and back, depends obn the type of speakers and watt they are for are four of them tweeters and the others mids.???
      MKV Rabbit = 2006+ VW Rabbit.

Originally posted by stangg172006 View Post
      Hey guys, I have a MKV Rabbit. Its equipped with ten speakers, 5 on the drivers side and 5 on the passenger side. I was just wondering what type of amp you guys would recommend and that would support ten speakers? Thanks!
      VWs can get kind of tricky when replacing the stock amps and leaving the stock components. If I may ask, why do you want to just replace the amp? Are you planning on keeping your stock radio?
      02' JETTA 1.8T | WORKLOG ALBUM

Comment

^ oh no no, im taking out the entire stock 6 Cd changer/head unit and replacing it with a bezel and touchscreen. I will then run sound from my computer to the amp and from the amp power the speakers. I just dont know what kind/size of what is recommended for my specific 10 speaker application...
        '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:

In trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by TheQuinsta View Post
          um two of them up front are tweeters
          '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:

In trouble...

Comment

visual aid
            Attached Files
            '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:

In trouble...

Comment

I have a VW 2006 GTI Asutralia model

I have 10 speakers also but i have a monsoon amp under the seat..
              I have attempted to make a circut to turn the dam thing on but nothing.

I am not keen on changing the stock amp because i heard that the speakers are odd Ohms......
              beware..

My current idea is to take the stock HU and mount it in the boot the replace with the touch screen.
              DAM YOU CAN BUS!!!!!

I would like any feedback if anyone knows any better. but for now i have to keep the stock HU as it is all intergrated with car.
              www.ssw.com.au

Comment

more info...

Sub Install

My Carputa
                www.ssw.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye View Post
                  I have a VW 2006 GTI Asutralia model

I have 10 speakers also but i have a monsoon amp under the seat..
                  I have attempted to make a circut to turn the dam thing on but nothing.

I am not keen on changing the stock amp because i heard that the speakers are odd Ohms......
                  beware..

My current idea is to take the stock HU and mount it in the boot the replace with the touch screen.
                  DAM YOU CAN BUS!!!!!

I would like any feedback if anyone knows any better. but for now i have to keep the stock HU as it is all intergrated with car.
                  http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6705

carputer in a US spec GTI
                  '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:

In trouble...

Comment

Working...
                  X