my force 2800 is locked into protection mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my force 2800 is locked into protection mode

My sound storm force 2800 is brand new after the first installation and using it for about five minutes the protection light went on. And ever since it doesn't matter where it is connected the protection light is still on. (i connected it to another working system) the light goes on even when the only wires connected are the power 12v the ground and the remote 12v. no speakers attached or anythin else but no luck. So please if you could please let me know anything that might help me with this issue.

Could be your amp fried actually. And by the way, turning on an amp without any kind of load is a nono for most amps, so if you haven't killed it before you did that, i'm pretty much positive it's dead meat now....
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Originally posted by IC-C30 View Post
      turning on an amp without any kind of load is a nono for most amps
      Well you learn something new every day

2006 Mazda 3
      Behringer DCX-2496
      JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
      JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis5587 View Post
        Well you learn something new every day

I even think it's been discussed here on the forum somewhere...

Sadly enough, I can't explain it in english, why that is as it is....
        Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
        CLARION HX-D2
        CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
        CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
        CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Sound storm is a flea market ripoff brand of soundstream. They don't have the best reputaton for quality. Return the amp, get your money back because it's done, and buy a reputable brand. Good luck
          System always under construction

Comment

other knock-offs to watch out for:

Kenford
            Rockwood
            (theres one for pioneer but I can't remember the spelling).

You get what you pay for. Steer clear of amps with chrome, shiney lights, fancy guages, max power ratings in big lettering on the amp. There are exceptions but those bring up red flags in my book of hiding poor quality behind fancy gizmos.

Comment

Pioneer-----Carozzeria
              Wassup Manus

Comment

Originally posted by durwood View Post
                Steer clear of amps with chrome, shiney lights, fancy guages, max power ratings in big lettering on the amp. There are exceptions but those bring up red flags in my book of hiding poor quality behind fancy gizmos.
                What does that say about Audiobahn?
                "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
                "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
                [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Originally posted by pancit175 View Post
                  What does that say about Audiobahn?
                  What do you think? That reminds me...add flames to the list. Flames should not be anywhere near an amplifier

Comment

Originally posted by IC-C30 View Post
                    Could be your amp fried actually. And by the way, turning on an amp without any kind of load is a nono for most amps, so if you haven't killed it before you did that, i'm pretty much positive it's dead meat now....
                    I've never experienced this...maybe I'm not understanding what you're meaning to say?
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Well I wouldn't say it couldn't happen, but it might be possible. Most good amps don;t have this problem. Maybe a cheap amp would need some kind of load to bias the output stage, but it's highly unlikely. I would kind of like to hear some reasoning behind that too.

I think this was just a bad case of poor quality amp. I hooked up a Visionik amp in a customers car once. It worked for about 5 mintues. I turned everything off, went to turn it back on to show the customer and the amp was dead. No rhyme or reason. I felt so bad for the kid especially since his parents bought it for him for Christmas. I even offered to swap out the amp for him for free after he returned it.

Comment

Working...
                      X