No announcement yet.

Audio Tuning with different profiles for different vehicles

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Tuning with different profiles for different vehicles

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of installing some amps and speakers in my car. I had originally purchased the Alpine H701 to tune my audio. I have the M-Audio transit USB soundcard to send the signal via fiber optic to the H701.

Now I'm thinking of something else. I'm trying to plan this carpc so that I can easily remove it from one vehicle and put it in my fun-vehicle. This way I dont have to have two carpcs and always trying to keep them synced up...I can just have one. However, I will not have an Alpine H701 in both cars, only my daily driver. So I'm thinking of scratching that H701/M-Audio Transit idea and just using a really good sound card and PC tuning. However, obviously each car will have its own specific tuning requirements, so do any of the software tuning options offer different "Profiles" that I could use for each car? Or if I used a different windows profile/user would that allow me to have different settings on these software tuning options.

Thanks a lot!

IF you do it right and go the VST route, the VST host program allows unlimited "saved" setups since they are just files. You would have to re-point the startup shortcut to the setup file saved when switching between vehicles.
    System always under construction

Excellent...thanks a lot!