Master Volume Control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Volume Control?

i was looking into the KXproject as i have a soundblaster eligable for use, no from the hours of reading around FAQ's and what not i havent got a clear understanding on how the master control volume works, essentually i want my carpc to boot up with everything started. and the volume control in RR (systems master volume) to control the level of the KX audio programs volumes, i plan on using it for my crossovers, i just want piece of mind that the master volume control can control all the volumes.

also i was wondering if all sounds on the system go through the audio processing? from what im seeing you have to config each program to use a specufic sound device for its sound to be processed?(is this just for aiso)

my understanding is the KXproject the sound card does all the work, so does that mean all sounds go through the crossovers, and the systems master volume works nice and smooth?

its been a while since i used my soundblaster card and kxproject drivers, but from what i remember, your on the right path-- the master volume can still be controlled by the computer(though i want to say that you need to add a master volume plugin-- i remember downloading one at some point), all the processing is done on the card, where you can digitally rewire it to do whatever you want..

if you want to use asio, every audio device that you want to use it will need a asio driver
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

thanks man yeah i want the computer/front end to control my volume 100% and the KX seems to be good for what i want, being and EQ and crossover

EDIT NEW Q: i want to retain a mic input (voice commands and BT phone) and an AUX in for what ever, can u still have input ch's for instance a mini-mini cable from mp3 player to line in, and still play the "line in src" out the crossed over ch's

Comment

like i said, it has been forever(last i played with kxdrivers was when i first built my car computer-- a year and a half ago..), but i want to say that it does still allow aux inputs.

that was a partial requirement that i thought i had gotten working on my setup, though i don't remember ever testing it, so it might not have worked after all...(long story short, the card worked great, but the pci flex adapter i used didn't like to let the computer post, and so i had to put the card off to the side and use a usb sound card.)

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

Im throwing up using and Audio control 3xs (for my active crossover need), or the kxproject, i just need to make sure i can acompish what i need with KXdrivers, is there any KXdrivers users that post in this forum?

Comment

Yes , Yes And Yes

You can absolutly control the master volume with kx ( even if you use ASIO )
            And you can get the line-in through all of the filters
            Just try it and start messing with the KX DSP and you'll see everything
            HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

Comment

where does one get a KX soundcard here in the US?

Comment

Ebay?

Search for Audigy 2 ZS SB0350
                HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

Comment

Originally posted by Madboy View Post
                  Yes , Yes And Yes

You can absolutly control the master volume with kx ( even if you use ASIO )
                  And you can get the line-in through all of the filters
                  Just try it and start messing with the KX DSP and you'll see everything
                  so you have personally used roadrunner or centrafuse to control the systems volume with KXdrivers? so no need to leave front end for volume control?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhorse972 View Post
                    where does one get a KX soundcard here in the US?
                    careful searches.

most of the supported cards have been discontinued-- i've seen them occasionally being sold as refurbished, but otherwise, pure luck... if your interested in calling around, the fry's near chicago had a bunch of refurbished ones in the last year or so, so it might be worth checking out(they were refurbished, so you might need to call to actually locate them..)

the entire project is kind of old--most of the links either don't work, or the last revision was a couple years ago, so running vista/windows 7 with one of these cards and drivers, has got to be a experience equal to electrocution...(i think it might need to be run in xp compatibility mode)

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by sharmz View Post
                      so you have personally used roadrunner or centrafuse to control the systems volume with KXdrivers? so no need to leave front end for volume control?
                      You can easily link the volume with windows master volume line
                      From there you can control it with every program that controls windows mixer including RR and CF..

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                      careful searches.

most of the supported cards have been discontinued-- i've seen them occasionally being sold as refurbished, but otherwise, pure luck... if your interested in calling around, the fry's near chicago had a bunch of refurbished ones in the last year or so, so it might be worth checking out(they were refurbished, so you might need to call to actually locate them..)

the entire project is kind of old--most of the links either don't work, or the last revision was a couple years ago, so running vista/windows 7 with one of these cards and drivers, has got to be a experience equal to electrocution...(i think it might need to be run in xp compatibility mode)
                      Not entirely true
                      You can absolutly find a used and even bnib on ebay

Also the latest drivers were released a few months ago , With official support of Vista / 7
                      I'm actually running SB Live 5.1 at home on Win 7 with no issues what so ever..

Comment

Yes

Kick *** already have it working!! works amazing easy to isntall setup and use! couldnt be more happy! (no master volume plugin needed in "Version: 5, 10, 00, 3550 - debug" anyways )

Comment

Glad to hear that

Master Volume Plugin is needed only when using ProFX plugins

Comment

I have kx project driver (used with Audigy 4 Non-Pro) working with RideRunner with Mitch's HD radio. At first I had a small issue with volume control, but after reinstalling both kx and RR (latest version) the problem went away. I'm not using ASIO at the moment.

I'm pretty spoiled by the kx driver: right now it's set to 5.1 mode, has adjustable low-pass filter for the subwoofer channel, individual 10-band EQs for front and rear, and time alignment for the speakers, all without using precious CPU cycles.

I'm still learning how to use it to its full potential. Many of the DSP parameters can be controlled by MIDI. I'm thinking I can have a module that takes vehicle inputs (vehicle speed, convertible top position, window position, ambient noise, etc), convert to MIDI messages, and have it alter the acoustic properties of the stereo by changing EQ / compressor settings.

Comment

I guess, the reason I was asking about them is because I REALLY like the idea of having crossovers in the computer (on a digital basis) and using the outputs to feed directly to my amps. BUT...I am QUITE picky about my audio and it's clarity so I am not opposed to doing whatever I have to. Does anybody have any suggestions as to a VERY good quality STEREO sound card that has RCA outputs...I don't need the surround stuff, I am only interested in good, clean, CLEAR, stereo sound. I rarely watch movies and surly won't be watching them in the truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X