Dolby or DTS Surround VST Plugin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolby or DTS Surround VST Plugin?

I'm using an X-Meridian and will be outputting five channels (Front L/R high, Front L/R low, Rear High, and Sub). I'm planning on using VAC as my main playback device piped into AudioMulch with my X-Meridian containing crossovers for my desired channels.

I don't want to have the Rears simply mirror the front, but would like to utilize surround processing like Dolby Pro Logic or DTS Neo. My X-Meridian supports DSP modes for Dolby and DTS, but I don't think that will work since I'm using ASIO. My question is, is there a VST plugin that I can use in AudioMulch to accomplish this?

Barring that, is there any way to scrap VAC and instead use my standard X-Meridian drivers and still add crossovers in AudioMulch?

There's SurCode Pro Logic II Encoder/Decoder VST plugin, but it's a bit expensive at $795.

Comment

after hearing skypainters setup this past weekend, i would recommend the V.I. stereo to 5.1 plugin.

it might not be dolby, or dts, but its free, and it convinced me that i am going to need add a amp and reinstall my center channel, and rear speakers..
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by kross View Post
        There's SurCode Pro Logic II Encoder/Decoder VST plugin, but it's a bit expensive at $795.
        Wow, that is a bit out of my budget. The free upmixer looks interesting. Is there any reason I shouldn't just use the standard sound card drivers (found some that support time delay) and then add an electronic crossover in my path for bandpassing my front components?

Comment

not really-- i just see the computer as having more potential then a electronic crossover.
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

What about a VST plugin for decoding multichannel PCM (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc) from a DVD? Something like AC3-Fitler that is VST and not DirectShow.

Comment

Full control over the audio DSP is the reason I've stuck to an old Creative Labs Audigy card, combined with the kxproject drivers. I can pretty much configure it to do ANYTHING i want, using a sound card that can be found for literally $5 on ebay... it also support's full SPDIF outputs for each channel if you wanted to use higher quality DACs.
              2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer - Bi-Fuel Gasoline/CNG
              Intel D945GCLF2 w/512MB RAM, CL Audigy w/KxProject, M2-ATX, Lilliput EBY701

Comment

Working...
              X