Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xonar HDAV or Audiomulch with channel 7 and 8

Hi ,

I'm very disappointed because I've chosen the ASUS for its best quality rendering but it is not possible to use the channel 7 and 8 with audiomulch ; they work but the 7 channel is mixed with the 8 and no sound come out from the 7 ...

in the ASUS setting tool they are OK ; you can hear all of the 8 channels separatly .

They is no alternative to much ?

Thanks by advance

are you able to try a asio driver for your soundcard? it might be needed to expose all 8 ch to AM..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

the Xonar HDAV is ASIO but when I try to connect it using Xonar 's ASIO drivers output from winamp and ASIO's XONAR from AM the sound is horrible ...

But with ASIO4ALL and VAC it is OK ; except the 7/8 channles bug .

Comment

do you need asio?

personally, i could not tell a difference between using the wdm drivers and the asio drivers, so i setup AM to use the wdm drivers-- which allows all the ports to work on my soundcard..

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

well , in fact at the begining I used ASIO4ALL but as I get latency problem I decieded to not used it ; so I only use VAC between Winamp and AM and I don't really feel a lack without ASIO4ALL .

I just come back to test and I definitely found two bug on AM :

- there is a volume fall ( around 2 to 4 db ) in output 3
          - the 7 and 8 are the output 3 with the same volume bug too ...

I precise that I checked on the HDAV manager speaker test tool that is not a drivers/hardware problem .

Comment

there is clearly a bug in AM : I've just cheched on my home PC and now the 8 is the same as the 2 and the 7 as the output 1 ; but with same volume ???

And if I swap SUB/CENTER I get the lower volume in output 3

The 3 , 7 and 8 outputs are clearly bugged ; in my tests , maybe I'm wrong
            Last edited by BenTSH; 08-06-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

did you change anything in the AM settings? you should be able to select what AM output is connected to which soundcard ports:

on this screen(go to 'edit'-->'settings'):
              Last edited by soundman98; 08-06-2011, 11:21 PM.

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

yes , I do ; I've tried multiple combinations to identify the outputs bugged ; that's why it is so crazy ; I can't imagine AM programers missed this thing so I'm asking where is the source of the bug ; it should come from my config even if 2 PC are touched .

One thing could be a clue : whitout AM open I only have the classic noise of the amplifier and source which is more or less audible according to the gain level or PC volume ; but next I open AM I have a sound ( like the one of bad radio reception ) ; whatever the AM config ( complex or just new ) or input/output mode ( all other windows playback/recording devices are disabled ).
                But the AM's home PC don't have this problem ...

Comment

Working...
                X