Minor Installation Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Installation Issues

I am installing Intel Mini with Xenarc touchscreen on a passenger boat (for audio, ticket issue, GPS, and oher functions).

Have just bought a P1900 v1.x ('cos this is the UK and we do not seem to have v 2 yet!) and extra 5v output (for a powered USB hub). We have the new Mac cable and have soldered in the resistor. We have had a trial 'power-up' (off the boat) and things seemed to work O.K. - just a couple of points where I have not got my head around the excellent instructions:

1. I presume that the small 'trigger' lead that controls the power on/off from the P1900 to the Mini makes the ACPI redundant for this application? I have therefore left the JP3 un-jumpered and have not used the short black and green wire supplied. Is this correct?

2. Am I correct in assuming that the DYLON output to the amp remains 'live' (after its initial delay) whilst the 'ignition' (in our case a valet switch) is ON - thus providing power to the amp relay?

Once we get this one installed - over the next two weeks - we will start on our second boat. Clearly it would be an advantage (given my soldering ability!) to have a P 1900 v2, but in that we are unlikely to want to 'fiddle' with the system once it has been installed and proven is there any advantage in us looking to a P 2140 for the second installation?

I presume that the small 'trigger' lead that controls the power on/off from the P1900 to the Mini makes the ACPI redundant for this application?
    I'm not quite sure what you are asking. The "ACPI" signal is what tells the Mac to turn on/off.
    I have therefore left the JP3 un-jumpered and have not used the short black and green wire supplied
    JP3 on a V1.0 P1900 is the "Alwasy ON" jumper for the secondary output. I think you are confusing this for a V2 unit, where JP3 is the ACPI relay output. Are you using a MacPac power cable kit? If so, the ACPI signal wire is included inside the MacPac cable. No additional ACPI connections are required.
    Am I correct in assuming that the DYLON output to the amp remains 'live' (after its initial delay) whilst the 'ignition' (in our case a valet switch) is ON - thus providing power to the amp relay?
    The DLYON is not designed to "provide power" to any circuitry (ie relay or otherwise). It is a very low current control signal designed to tell you amp when to turn on. It cannot provide enough current to power some larger relays. Most amps have a "remote" input, to which you can connect the DLYON.
    is there any advantage in us looking to a P 2140 for the second installation?
    You would be better off with either a P2190 V2.2 or a P2140 for your next installations. LinITX has both in stock.
    Mike H
    CarNetix
    www.carnetix.com
    mikeh@carnetix.com

Comment

Thanks, Mike.

I am indeed using the MacPac kit - so I do not have to worry further about the ACPI as it is already taken care of.

I realized I could not power the Amp from the DYLON - what I wanted to be sure of was that it will provide a continuous (small) current from the P1900 - not just a startup pulse - so that as long as the Amp receives this current it stays on.

Provided I do not suffer meltdown before Christmas I will try the P2140 for the second boat - has anyone installed the P2140 yet? Any comments?

Comment

has anyone installed the P2140 yet? Any comments?
        A few brave souls....
        http://carnetix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

...mostly PC applications so far.
        Mike H
        CarNetix
        www.carnetix.com
        mikeh@carnetix.com

Comment

Working...
        X