Computer problem with Carnetix 1900

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer problem with Carnetix 1900

I just finished my install today with the Carnetix 1900 and an Aopen Mini PC. Everything was working and I got the system to boot up and down twice. I was adjusting some system settings and the computer froze up. After turning it off it came up but wouldn't do anything in Windows. I tried to reboot it and it wouldn't do anything. Now the system won't even give me a bios screen. It has power and spins the fan, but that's it. The hard drive is ok still, but I don't have a way to test the other components. Could the pulse wire have caused a problem? I used the Aopen power kit and I don't know what could have caused the issue. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

What version of AOpen PC are you using?
    Mike H
    CarNetix
    www.carnetix.com
    mikeh@carnetix.com

Comment

I was using the 915-X. It booted up fine twice, then the third time some of the programs were not functioning properly so I tried to reboot to fix the probem and I could not get it to come back up. I have taken the computer apart and all that happens is the fan spins.

Comment

Does it work with your AOpen AC adapter?
        Mike H
        CarNetix
        www.carnetix.com
        mikeh@carnetix.com

Comment

Not anymore it doesn't. All that happens is the fan spins with either the AC adapter or the Carnetix.

Comment

I was adjusting some system settings and the computer froze up.
            I suggest you go back and examine what might have happened when you made the above adjustments. This doesn't sound like a power problem....
            Mike H
            CarNetix
            www.carnetix.com
            mikeh@carnetix.com

Comment

It doesn't do anything except spin the fan. I can't get to a BIOS screen no matter what I do. It is definately not a software problem. Does the ACPI need to be installed into the P1900 in a specific way or can the cables be interchanged on the jumper?

Comment

Until you get your PC working with your standard AC adapter I suggest you disconnect everything associated with the P1900, including ACPI. Get it back to normal then try to re-connect the ACPI, etc.
                Mike H
                CarNetix
                www.carnetix.com
                mikeh@carnetix.com

Comment

Everything has been disconnected and I have taken the system apart, but can't get anything to work. I am trying to figure out what caused the problem so when I build a new system, it doesn't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                  X