Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2140 Laptop questions

From Customer:

"In regards to the p2140 which I just received yesterday. It doesnt seem like enough detailed info concerning powering a laptop. My laptop which is a HP nc2400 has three wires the outer a ground the inner unshielded +19v and the blue wire ??? i did some searching in regards to other carnetix laptop users, and from what I can tell this may be a ac adapter ID. Some say it will power the laptop but not charge the battery. how can I find out detail info concerning this statement. Also there are two primary outs and a secondary can I power my laptop +19v on P1, my lilliput eby-701 +12v, on P2, and my USB hub +5 on the secondary. I am a computer technician and maybe I am not the brightest but I find the install manual lacking when it comes to laptop installs, and the powering of the ac adapters, the secondary output and what to do with the ACPI wires if you dont want to use it. and lastly I have my Head Unit still hooked up can I use the remote from the HU, or the accessory to connect to the ignition input wire I dont want to make this install further intrusive if I can piggy back one of those wires."
    CarNetix Staff

My laptop which is a HP nc2400 has three wires the outer a ground the inner unshielded +19v and the blue wire ??? i did some searching in regards to other carnetix laptop users, and from what I can tell this may be a ac adapter ID. Some say it will power the laptop but not charge the battery. how can I find out detail info concerning this statement.
    You would need to contact the manufacturer. Information like that is proprietary and wouldn't be in a manual. Another way you can find out is by finding the same size barrel plug as the stock one and powering your laptop with the P2140 and see what happens. Either the laptop will power and charge, or just power, or do nothing at all; which will tell you what that blue wire does.

Also there are two primary outs and a secondary can I power my laptop +19v on P1, my lilliput eby-701 +12v, on P2, and my USB hub +5 on the secondary.
    There is only one primary output (but two red wires and two black wires for it). All the devices that you intend to power from the primary output MUST have the same voltage input. Meaning if the primary rail outputs 19V then the devices you power from the primary rail have to be 19V input (your lilly is 12V input). You can confirm the voltage input on the AC/DC brick that came with the device.

What you can do though, is power your laptop from primary (19V) your lilliput monitor from secondary (12V) and attach a P5V as a third rail which can act as a third rail and power your hub at 5V from that.

I have my Head Unit still hooked up can I use the remote from the HU, or the accessory to connect to the ignition input wire I dont want to make this install further intrusive if I can piggy back one of those wires.
    Yes you can use the ACC wire from your radio harness to connect to the Yellow (ACC/IGN) on the input molex of the P2140.
    CarNetix Staff

Comment

Working...
    X