Steps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps

i would like to know all the steps to translate the Vehicle OBD in my laptop :
    i mean what should i have as hardware and software to be able to use my Vehicle's OBD in my laptop.

Originally posted by dimo View Post
    i would like to know all the steps to translate the Vehicle OBD in my laptop :
    i mean what should i have as hardware and software to be able to use my Vehicle's OBD in my laptop.
    Are you located in the US? If you are and the vehicle was manufactured in 1996 or later you will be able to use a low cost OBD scantool.

There are a number of manufacturers, I make one also that is available at

OBDPros

This kit includes all the cables and software that you need to get basic info from the vehicle.

For advanced software you have additional options to get comercial software such as Digimoto OBDII Vehicle Diagnostic Software

Thanks
    Paul
    OBDPros

Comment

Thank you michbound , so all what i need is this Serial or USB scantools to begin working between my Car OBD and my Laptop . is that correct or is there any other tools should i have . please confirme ...

Comment

Hi Dimo,

Correct, I am assuming you are looking at getting basic OBD II data like Speed, RPM, cooland temp etc? and also fault codes.

All that will be accessible via the USB/Serial scantools

Paul
        OBDPros

Comment

Working...
        X