Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any OBDII harnesses available that read in real time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any OBDII harnesses available that read in real time?

Im running Digimoto 3.xx and i like the use of the On Screen Gauges. The only thing is, there is a delay. I am assuming it is the delay of the harness I am using (Elmscan). Is there anything better/faster out there that can display these gauges in real time?

thanks

Digimoto sells the mOByDic based interfaces now (we used to sell ELM), but the response speeds on this interface are much greater then what the ELM based interfaces can offer (albeit somewhat pricier).
    Joel Konecny
    Digimoto OBDII Diagnostics

Comment

Delay can be introduced by a few things.

Firstly, there can be standard delay anyway when doing queries and getting responses. Query messages as I understand it have lower priority than real-time traffic.

There's also a delay in the 'ECU' converting your query by PID into something it can use by means of a lookup table. A Query by 'Offset' if that makes sense may speed this part up.

But other than that there is some serialization delay introduced by putting the information across the 9600bps or 38400bps serial that the ELM units support. To address this you'd need to go to something quicker, like a CANUSB or a Drewtech Mongoose.

Lukeyson

Comment

Standards Request

This is an extremely obtuse and nefarious question.

But would someone have access to some standards that might be willing to PM me?

I'm interested in:

ISO15037-7 (aka SAE J2186)
        ISO9141-2
        ISO14229-1
        ISO11898 (any/all)

I would be very grateful.

Lukeyson

Comment

Working...
        X