No announcement yet.

BR-3/ current state

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR-3/ current state

Hi guys!

I've been away for a while, but I've done some searching and would like to see if I understand the current state of BR-3 based clients.

Now, a year or two ago, Frodo expressed interest in maybe making a front-end for this OBD-II interface. I donated some $$ to this along with a bunch of other folks, and sometime later I dropped off the boards here for a while to do other stuff ( , , , , etc etc etc, lots of projects, plus I bought a Piper Cherokee that has been taking up all my spare time as I fly everywhere).

I just replaced my 90watt Opus w/ a 150 watt from eBay to fix a problem I posted about a year or so ago, so I'm back. Plus, I discovered my neighbor has a sweet carputer installed in his WRX STi and I realize how hokey my 4-5 year old hacked together install looks now, so it's time to get back to work!

Searching the board, I saw a message that maxer6 has taken over the project, then stopped work on it because his new truck didn't have OBD-II or something. I also saw that he posted his work so far and a couple of people had looked at it, but unless my search-fu is busted, it seems like things have sort of stalled there.

Have the other BR-3 users transitioned to another platform? I saw a post for a german front-end that claimed to "support all interfaces", but I have my doubts.

What's the status? Or has everyone switched to a different interface with a wicked UI that I don't know about? Thanks!
    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating