Sagem sl96-4 0n peugeot 306 1.8 16v 1999

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sagem sl96-4 0n peugeot 306 1.8 16v 1999

I am trying to find out how to communicate with this ecu. Pin 7 on the ecu should energise the management control relay, which it does not. I can energise this relay with use of jumper wire/switch, and the car will start and run. i have checked/verified most sensors, i.e. the crank sensor and they are functioning. so the ecu is working to a degree. I therefore need information on why pin 7 is not functioning. immobiliser? airbag? etc. There is an obd connector below the steering which i am being told is probably not compliant, is there a way of reading the fault codes on this model, any help would be appreciated.

Does the OBD connector below the steering wheel look like a trapezoid (i.e. the J1962 connector) with two rows of 8 pins each?

I'm not sure what the European legal landscape is and when OBD was required, but a 1999 vehicle would have provided at least basic OBD information in the US market.

If you can tell which pins are "stuffed" in the under-steering-wheel connector, it may be possible to determine whether OBD is present (possibly on an ISO network?).

Comment

Very grateful for your interest. It is a j1962. Cons. 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,11,12,13,15and16 are wired. I have tried using a Geniscan GS400 diagnostic tool whch uses a number of ISO protocols but will not communicate. I have contacted a couple of companies that supply OBD equipment and they seem to think that Peugeot were one of the last to fully comply,( year 2000 i believe was the legal requirement), seems i missed by one year, especially on my particular model, (1.8 gasoline). One company did say there was software that uses a serial interface that may work but wasn't very specific.

Comment

Pins 7 & 15 imply ISO, but if you haven't found it then those pins could just be coincidence.

The information you mention is already more than I know of.

Sorry I can't help.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks anyway

Comment

Maybe a usefull link

Hello,

This link might help: http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop...et/socket1.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Carlocutor View Post
              I'm not sure what the European legal landscape is and when OBD was required, but a 1999 vehicle would have provided at least basic OBD information in the US market.
              Unfortunately the EU only required petrol vehicles to be compliant from 2001 - I'm afraid that this one is not compliant, Peugeot left it right until the last minute....

Gareth

Comment

306 Sagem SL96

Hi every one,

I hope I can help with Sagem problems, but firstly I need to understand what is the problem with pin 7 on the ECU?
                Accorfing to what I see on the diagram of this system, the wire is transmitting an earth signal by engine ECU to energize the injection relay, so a supply of 12 V is delivered to varios actuators like coil, injectors, fuel pump...
                This 12 V must be delivered after switching ON. If there is an immobiliser problem, a 12 V supply will not be delivered to the mentioned actuators.

Can you tell me where do you connect your jumper wire, what are the points or pin numbers.

Comment

Working...
                X