No announcement yet.

ODB-II for the infill G4 and Hummer H3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODB-II for the infill G4 and Hummer H3

After installing the G4 and CF1.2, it's time for me to get the ODB-II setup up and running.

Can anyone please tell me what should i purchase for the Infill G4 in order to connect to the Hummer h3 ODB-II connection.

Also - where is the H3 ODB-II connection located?

Thanks in advance for the help

The OBD II on the H3 should be right under the steering wheel column. The OBD Pro supports the H3 protocols, but if by CF you mean centrafuse I think you might have some problems since the H3 has multiple CAN ecu's that respond to OBD II messages and the last version of CF I tried (about 4 months ago) had some issues with handling these multiple responses.

ElmScan tool from the store works as well:
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

One more question

Is there a special cable I need to buy in order to connect the ODB component (the one solde here at mp3 store) into the ODB plug I see now under my sterring weel ?

As I see the ODB component sold here has a 9-pin, while the connector in my car is very diffrent.

I think the 9-pin you're referring to is the DB-9 connector that connects to the ELM device. The other end of that cable has a J1962 (16-pin) trapezoid-shaped connector which is what plugs into your vehicle. I that such a cable comes with the ELM device.