VAG type diagnostic cables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAG type diagnostic cables

Question is why will they only work on VAG cars. Is it a peculiar data rate or what have you. I'm dead curious.
    Regards
    Hawkliney

They don't just work on VW's. I've used mine on both a Honda and a Toyota.

However, only the VAG-COM software will work with the cable. It has all of the manufacturer's codes built in, so you get way more information than the standard OBDII codes. The cable has a chip inside that the software has to read before it will function.

On the Honda and Toyota, you only get the basics. For example, I had a problem with my VW and plugged the VAG-COM cable in. It read back the error and told me it was a coolant temp sensor that went bad. $20 from VW and I replaced it myself. That cable paid for itself already!
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

opal tech2 also works with VAG software the interface is cheap on ebay and I used it on an Audi A3 and VW without any problems but to get the full use of the software there is a license fee to activate it

Comment

Working...
      X