Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have OBD?? High Res Pics incl!

Hi Guys,

Just got a new car and figuring out whether I should integrate a CarPC into it or not. One of the major features I want from my CarPC is Onboard Diagnostics.

I have a fairly recent car, a 1999 Peugeot 306 2.0 Turbo Diesel. The best part is, the engine and ECU were actually from a newer car, the Peugeot 307 which appeared in 2002!

The question now, do I actually have a OBDport?? I have located what appears to be a diagnostics port of some sort, underneath the steering wheel next to all the fuses! I have felt behind the port and there is a THICK bundle of wires coming out, so I am pretty sure I have found it!

Now all I need are a few guys to tell me what specification it actually is and for the time being, will it work with a ScanGuage II??

Also, are there any other standalone OBD Scanners like the Scan Guage?

Thanks for the help guys!
    Attached Files

Ooops! Just saw the FAQ. I do have OBD, infact its ISO 9141!

Now all I need are a few guys to tell me, will it work with a ScanGuage II??

Also, are there any other standalone OBD Scanners like the Scan Guage?

Comment

I did own a 2003 307SW 1.9 diesel. I have tried using ELM323 and mObydic with little success. Check www.scantool.net and look for supported cars. The connector is a OBD2 port but it seems that peugeot does not have the signal enabled on the connector (maybe your local dealer can tell you more)
      My car: 2009 MAZDA CX-9 3.7L V6 runnin on LPG (Liquid Petrol Gas)
      Hardware: None at the moment
      Software: None at the moment
      See: Velleman K8055 Plugin for Road Runner

Progress: [XXXXXXXXXX] 0 % DONE

Comment

for standalone OBD II devices, if you only need DTC info you can get them at harbor freight www.harborfreight.com

Paul
        www.obdpros.com

Comment

Working...
        X