Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Jetta Monitoring

Hello,

i have a jetta 1997, want to monitor it, not sure if its OBDII that i need ??
    can any1 tell me if its ok and where to buy that is not to high in price

running RR on a 10.4 TS

thanks

doc

docfear, your best bet is to go with vag-com check out VWVortex.com for TONS of info on Vag-com and Ross-tech.com for even more info on the actual software.
    RIP 1993 civic sedan
    RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

can you give me any direct links for what i need, i went to both sites and i got lost very quick, to many cables and adapters.

thanks again for the quick reply

Doc

Comment

Only Ross-Tech cables work with the full version of VAG-COM. All of the cheap cables you find will only work with old versions that are out of date or the shareware version.

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=VAGCOM

Either get a HEX-COM or USB or a KEY-COM or USB, you don't need CAN since your car doesn't support it. Only VWs after 2002 use CAN.

Comment

If all you are looking for is monitoring standard OBD II available pids take a look at www.obdpros.com

Thanks
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by michbound View Post
            If all you are looking for is monitoring standard OBD II available pids take a look at www.obdpros.com

Thanks
            Paul

Well, although you are right, for an extra 120$ he will get ALOT more functionality, as well as the ability to scan other friends VW/Audis for them.

Either would work for his needs but he might become unhappy with the generic software at some point. Just looking out for a fellow dubber.
            RIP 1993 civic sedan
            RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Originally posted by anky1 View Post
              Well, although you are right, for an extra 120$ he will get ALOT more functionality, as well as the ability to scan other friends VW/Audis for them.

Either would work for his needs but he might become unhappy with the generic software at some point. Just looking out for a fellow dubber.
              Anky,

No arguments there, I agree if you have the extra bucks you will get a lot more functionality for the VW specific pid's via a ross-tech scantool

Thanks
              Paul

Comment

The Ross-Tech VAGCOM is the defacto VW monitoring tool. I highly recommend it. The company has good people too so if you run into trouble they are more than willing to help.
                '02 GTI
                [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
                [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
                [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
                [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
                Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

i was just gonna look into this for my 01 vw golf. if i find anything useful ill post for ya guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X