Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• official Ford Diagnostic tool

Hello every one:
    I have a file that I saved from Ford Diagnostic tool. Itís including logging data of sensors (e.g. ABS)
    The file extension is DDL. Does any one know how to open the file? .Any reader software?
    The file attached to this message!
    Thank a lot
    Attached Files

I opened the file with notepad and saw this at the top...

Engine Gear commanded by moduleP
    GEAR_HelpDescPCMGEARINT
    SBDS_CONV_643
    SBDS_CONV_285 {1, 2, 3, 4}MODE #VSCPGear commanded by moduleGEAR # \

Comment

Ah. DDL files are time-based Datalogger Files from the IDS that show the results of continuous requests for certain PIDS. The IDS can record a few seconds of data at a time, or be configured to start logging by a trigger 'event' such as a certain PID going into a certain range.

I tried to open that file by associating it with one of my sessions (rename the file) and opening it. I'm a little new to this part of the IDS, so the fact that it came up with no data could just as well be me.

Most of this stuff is not ASCII, so that fact that we see anything at all in wordpad is because some of it is ASCII. So a Hex editor might show more info.

GEAR is PID 0x11B3 and appears in this instance to be read from the PCM (as opposed to some cars that have a separate TCM for the Transmission - like the ZF 6-Speed Gearboxes).

SBDS_CONV_643 and SBDS_CONV_285 are scaling/offset converters. A value of 2 = 1st gear, 4 = 2nd gear, 6 = 3rd gear etc

There is more ASCII in that file though. Enough to see the PID and Scaling used for each. Further down I see:

GEAR_MAX_HelpDescPCM
      GEAR_MAXNONE
      CV_INT_1_2NumberNUMVSCPHighest Gear Allowed

O2S1_HelpDescPCM
      O2S11VoltsNONE
      SBDS_CONV_406 VoltageVOLTVSCP3Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen Sensor (bank 1, sensor 1)O2S11

RPMDES_HelpDescPCMDSD_EECVNONECV_RPM_MULT_16R PMRPMVSCPDesired Idle Speed %h(RPM)RPMDSD

TR_HelpDescPCMTRModeNONE
      CV_C170_TR{Man1, Man2, D, OD, P/N...}MODEVSCPTransmission range

TSS_HelpDescPCMTSSRPMNONE CV_RPM_1_4_0RPMRPMVSCPTurbine Shaft SpeedTSS

ISS_HelpDescPCM ISS_RPMNONE CV_RPM_1_4_0RPMRPMVSCPInput shaft speed TSS/ISS

VSS_HelpDescPCMVSSNONE
      CV_VSS_NEWSpeedSPDVSCP
      Vehicle SpeedVSS

Fault_HelpDescPCM VSS FAULTNONE SBDS_CONV_88{No Fault, Yes Fault}FAULTVSCP"Vehicle speed sensor signal statusVSS_FM

Lukeyson

Comment

Working...
      X