newbie needs guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie needs guidance

this is my first post and i must say i'm a little overwhelmed with this ODB-II area. I'm trying to get my head around it but i'm hoping someone can help me. I have an 01 Ford Crown Victoria and I'm running an HP tablet pc with vista. I'm looking for some sort of plug and play ODB-II real time display programs. I'd like to have the gauges that are not already on my instrument cluster on display on my laptop. i.e. RPM, Voltage, MPG, air intake temp, water temp, etc. I'd like them to be in real time. although a second delay will not kill me.

is there any such product that i can go from the ODB-II to my usb port and then does that product offer software to give me digital gauges on the screen?

and this may be asking more than is available but is there any software that offers a real clean look for the gauges. something that looks like it belongs in a mercedes as opposed to something you would see on a computer with MS-DOS. or some old school macintosh computer.

thanks in advance.

Originally posted by 01P71 View Post
    this is my first post and i must say i'm a little overwhelmed with this ODB-II area. I'm trying to get my head around it but i'm hoping someone can help me. I have an 01 Ford Crown Victoria and I'm running an HP tablet pc with vista. I'm looking for some sort of plug and play ODB-II real time display programs. I'd like to have the gauges that are not already on my instrument cluster on display on my laptop. i.e. RPM, Voltage, MPG, air intake temp, water temp, etc. I'd like them to be in real time. although a second delay will not kill me.

is there any such product that i can go from the ODB-II to my usb port and then does that product offer software to give me digital gauges on the screen?

and this may be asking more than is available but is there any software that offers a real clean look for the gauges. something that looks like it belongs in a mercedes as opposed to something you would see on a computer with MS-DOS. or some old school macintosh computer.

thanks in advance.
    All these requirements can be met by the OBDPro usb product www.obdpros.com and a number of other ELM based scantool suppliers.

The free software obd-diag also supports skinnable gauges so you can make them look any way that you like.

Thanks
    Paul
    www.obdpros.com

Comment

Working...
    X