I cant find it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant find it

I was in this forum about a month ago and was looking through one of the threads and came across an OBD II reader that would also allowed you to modify some of the stuff on your ECM to make your car more efficient, add horsepower, or torque. It allowed you to modify what grade of fuel you use, thermostat temperatures, and other such things. I cant seem to find that post anymore. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

An OBD reader will not allow you to change anything.
    It's only a reader.

What you want is either a chip programmer like the Superchips products or a a software to interface with the ECM itself.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

That kind of vehicle is it for?

Comment

You can reflash some ECU's over the OBD-II port, however I'm not sure if it is possible with all vehicles. Tactrix cables let you do it on Mitusbishi and Subaru Vehicles...
        I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Comment

Its for a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo. Sorry about wording it incorrectly, I remember that the unit read error codes, and allowed you to make minor changes in the ecm's programming. I did check the superchips page and they do not yet have a unit for my car. Do you know where I would be able to find some software to interface with the ecm?

Comment

Working...
          X