Where to buy a pc <-> odb cable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a pc <-> odb cable?

I've looked everywhere so it seems and all I keep finding are handheld devices, computer software, and little box looking things...

What I'm interested in is just a plain cable to hook directly from my odb port to my computer. I will then program my own stuff to read the raw data.

Just in case it makes a difference, my car is a 1995 Acura Integra LS - Engine is a non-vtec b18b1.

Thanks!
    -Billy

Cars do not speak RS-232 or USB so there are always electronics involved. Sometimes it's a larger box, sometimes it's integrated into the connector shell of a single USB cable, but there are always some electronics involved. The Mongoose is a pretty compact and powerful-to-program option. Plenty of other choices on the market too.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGalbreath View Post
      I've looked everywhere so it seems and all I keep finding are handheld devices, computer software, and little box looking things...

What I'm interested in is just a plain cable to hook directly from my odb port to my computer. I will then program my own stuff to read the raw data.

Just in case it makes a difference, my car is a 1995 Acura Integra LS - Engine is a non-vtec b18b1.

Thanks!
      You need an OBDII interface. Can't just hook up your computer to it.

Edit: Yikes! You have a 1995. I think that OBDII came into mandated use in 1996. You may be out of luck.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
        You need an OBDII interface. Can't just hook up your computer to it.

Edit: Yikes! You have a 1995. I think that OBDII came into mandated use in 1996. You may be out of luck.
        Yup a 95 Integra LS uses OBD-I, so if that is indeed the vehicle you plan to use it on it's not going to work.

If you're in need of a cheap interface http://www.obddiag.net has some great plans to build one though.
        98' Honda CR-V
        http://www.superbluecrv.com

*OBDMPG, the RR OBD Plugin*

Comment

Working...
        X