Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD response format

Hi,

I am writing some C# code to communicate with my OBDKey bluetooth device, and I am having some data issues on a few different vehicles, specifically a '99 VW Passat. Anyways, when I use a Chinese clone BT device, this is what I see:

Request:

Response:
    41 01 01 07 6D 00
    41 01 00 04 00 00

>

The 2 responses is related to a multiple ECU issue (I think) that I posted about last Friday but hasn't shown up on the forum yet. However, with the OBDKey device, I see the following:

Request:

Response:
    41 01 00 04 00 00 13 48 6B 10 41 01 01 07 6D 00
    >

This data seems very interesting to me. Not only does it put all the data on a single line, it inserts some interesting stuff in the middle that looks like header information. Now, I was playing around a few days ago with some header settings on the device and what not, but I have cycled power to the device several times and sent many ATZ commands since then to restore to it's default state. I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue or some things that I could maybe do to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Mitch

Originally posted by mctodd00 View Post
    This data seems very interesting to me. Not only does it put all the data on a single line, it inserts some interesting stuff in the middle that looks like header information.
    That is header information -- something is wrong with the settings if it doesn't separate those properly. Hopefully there's some sort of reset available to get you back to the defaults.

Comment

That's also what I was hoping, however ATD, ATZ, etc. didn't help anything. Any ideas what setting could possibly result in this sort of behavior that wouldn't be reset to its default with an ATZ?

Comment

Best option would be to contact their technical support. I just checked their website and noticed everything is email-based; no address, no phone number so cross your fingers. You have to wonder if that's a serious business without that kind of info posted. Yuck.

There's also a possibility that you didn't screw-up any settings and that the tool just doesn't work very well.

Comment

For any OBDKey issues, contact me at support at obdkey dot com

Joe If you need to "cross your fingers" to use email, then check your email provider

Comment

Working...
          X