Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD usb connector blocking clutch

Hi everyone,

Recently I dipped my toe in the water and got a EOBD usb adaptor from ebay. I've since got in my car (a 2006 mazda 6 mps aka mazdaspeed6) with my laptop to try it out etc

I connected it up without too much problems but as I went to take a spin round the block I noticed the adaptor hangs quite a bit in front of the clutch making it quite hard to drive

Has anyone run into a problem like this? What are my options?

I'd really like to have OBD running on my carpc so any help would be great

Cheers

I removed the OBD-2 connector from its location and moved it above 3-4" further up into the dash and remounted it so I could route the wire so it didn't fall infront of the pedals. The emissions people gave me a weird look when they had to hook it up so far into the dash, but they didn't question it.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

What sort of process was involved in that?

Comment

Mine was simply clipped in with plastic clips, you may have to unscrew the connector though.
        "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
        RevFE
        My Shop

Comment

Cheers for the quick replys. Will see if moving it with out busting anything is going to work after work and report back

Comment

Mmm, not looking good as the connector seems to be stuck in place with a plastic arm attached under the dash... could cut it but I would REALLY prefer not to

Any more ideas?

EDIT
            Whoops forget that, turns out that arm had a clip behind the OBD port and the OBD socket comes out of the arm... should have enough cable there to relocate

Thanks for the help melcom

P.S if there isnt enough cable does anywhere sell the extention cables or the connectors to diy one etc?

Comment

You can get extension cables with a right angle plug on it, so the cable does not hang down as much.
              http://www.scantool.net/accessories/...1962f-2ft.html
              http://www.obd2cables.com/products/c...1962f-2ft.html

Dean

Comment

Working...
              X