VAG OBD in Centrafuse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAG OBD in Centrafuse?

Because i drive a VAG car, and VAG use their own protocol, which hardware and software is needed to let Centrafuse connect to my car?
    My car dont have Canbus, but i would like to have can bus support, and EOBD and regular OBD/OBD2 support.

Best Regards
    Morten

adding to this message, if one wants to have the gauge readout like Dashcommand, is a USB OBDII scanner sufficient? or is the vag come needed

Comment

Originally posted by mattyv View Post
      adding to this message, if one wants to have the gauge readout like Dashcommand, is a USB OBDII scanner sufficient? or is the vag come needed
      To simply get the standard OBD II supported gauge displays on software such as Dashcommand you can use the OBDPro scantool, vag is not needed - As long as the vehicle is a 1996 or newer model.

To read the manufacturer specific data for VAG vehicles you would need to go with VAGcom.

Thanks
      Paul
      OBDPro Scantools

Comment

Originally posted by michbound View Post
        As long as the vehicle is a 1996 or newer model.
        That only applies if you live in the United States.
        In Europe the date would be 2001 for petrol vehicles and 2004 for Diesels.
        Outside of the USA, Japan and Europe that date will be 2010 or even later.

Comment

Hi again

As far as i know my car dont have OBD II, it only uses VAG specific protocol, is there any ELM or alike tools that support the VAG protocol, and also OBD2, and Canbus?

Best Regards
          Morten

Comment

Zeecue, if you buy Vagcom (or VCDS as it is called now) you also get an interface.
            Vagcom is also capable of OBD2/EOBD with Iso-protocols and Can-bus, but not with J1850 protocols. You get 2 tools fore the price of one.
            And if i may add, 2 very good tools, far better than all the other programs that are being sold as the ultimate on OBD2/EOBD. Vag-com support the new mode 0A (or 10), and I haven't seen that on many of the others.
            For Vag-com see www.ross-tech.com

Comment

We have VCDS at work, and the normal interface is just WAYYY to complicated to use with a touchscreen. and the price i WAYYY to steep for my, i just want to be able to use the free versions of Vag-Com, and maybe a DIY cable.
              The functions i want to be able to read from my own car, with a easy interface is:
              Measuering blocks, meaning RPMS, Vakuum, Throttle positions, temperatures and so on.
              Errors, and a button to delete the error.

Best Regards
              Morten

Comment

Working...
              X