Flip stereo touch screen with gauges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip stereo touch screen with gauges

Just wondering, and yes im new here, could I take a flip touch screen stereo player and have it read car gauges???

So in essence, if this stereo touch screen has a USB port, could i download some program to it so it can display car gauges, and keep its factory functions??

If it has a USB port, that is probably for you to have it read external media such as a memory stick of mp3's, or to control an ipod. Some headunits have an aux video input for NTSC/PAL video, in which case that would be possible to get a carputer with s-video output and convert it to RCA for input into the screen. I've seen this done before.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

ok ok

soo i could, take the touch flip screen i mentioned and use this and the screen for the carputer. then just download some brand of gauge program to the carputor?

btw, is there anybody i can msn IM to get a better, quicker idea about this

Comment

So I've dug deeper into this matter and figured this, Just build myself a car pc with an ability to read real time gauges, mp3 music, gps, and all that

Is there still anybody I can IM on msn about doing this, id love to get a quicker more bold understanding of the whole process, and yes i've read every tutorial on this site

Comment

You have a PM
          "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
          RevFE
          My Shop

Comment

I know this is an old post but I have been trying to find the same info. I have talked to a few speed shops that all said HKS inc used to make such a device for a decade but no longer do so it looks like there is a way to display a boost gauge and pyrometer gauge on my 7" touch screen stereo? all i do is pull a camper and a trailer with the truck, a 99 ford f350 powerstoke diesel and I just don't like the pod gauges and the light from them at night. I have not purchased a stereo system yet and have been looking at one that has a back up camera , bluetooth, sd card reader, cd, dvd, usb, fire wire cababilitys along with more. any suggestions on how to set this up?

Comment

what I am looking for is a device to display an exhaust gas temp and boost gauge on my 7" touch screen stereo so i don't have to install and look at a bunch of pod gauges! i am running an 1999 ford f350 powerstroke diesel and pull a camper and trailer, there are a lot of us out there in the usa that are looking for such a system. now my touch screen stereo or the one I am looking at installing has dvd, cd, sd card, bluethooth, fire wire and usb jacks as well as navigation. surely someone makes a device that can plug into or link up with such a stereo so that we can view 1 to 3 gauge readouts on this screen rather than pod gauges that create blind spots or are blinding from the led light created by them. any info would be apprectiated!!

Comment

Working...
              X