Best OBD-II reader for a honda civic 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best OBD-II reader for a honda civic 2000

I am working on building a car for a customer and they want OBD-II support. What is the best tool that will hook up via USB. They want to be able to have the digital gauges and such and still work with centrafuse

I have the OBDPros USB interface and it has worked flawlessly, works with Centrafuse and all other ELM327 software

Comment

I have the same OBD2 pros interface. it's worked on multiple cars, though I've never tried it on a 2000 civic, I'm sure it would work fine.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

did you both also buy the 70 dollar software that comes separately, I was looking at the scan tool web site and there are a few others out there. Does centrafuse have its own gauges and such from the OBD reader?

Comment

Centrafuse does not have gauges, but we ship the OBDDiag free software that will give you some gauges.

Malcom2073 has developed a software that can also give you gauges there are a couple of other free software options that will give you limited gauge functionality

You could also look at DashXl if you want the ability to develop your own custom gauges for your customer

The interface will work fine with a 2000 civic, most likely ISO protocol...

Thanks
          Paul
          OBDPro Scantools

Comment

doesn't your software you can buy for 70 bucks from OBDpros also give you the gauges?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw_car_pc View Post
              doesn't your software you can buy for 70 bucks from OBDpros also give you the gauges?
              Yes it does; somehow based on your initial comment I got the feeling that you were looking for a lower cost solution.

But absolutely the software that we sell provides gauges also

Thanks
              Paul
              OBDPro Scantools

Comment

Speaking as someone who's actually developed OBD software, I also highly recommend the OBDPros USB device.

And as for free software, I can't help but hock my own: OBD GPS Logger. It may not be what you really want [the focus isn't really instrument clusters so much as long-term logging], but I gotta link it anyways :-)

Gary (-;
                OBDGPSLogger, for logging OBDII and/or GPS data
                OBDSim, an OBDII/ELM327 software simulator
                mp3car forums: obdgpslogger, obdsim

Comment

Working...
                X