ELM 327 and Citroen c4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELM 327 and Citroen c4

Hello. I have a problem. I have a elm 327, i connect it to my c4 from 2006 and the soft says cannot connect unknown protocol. Can somebody tell me what to do?
    Thank you!

Try STNTerm

Originally posted by bizkit1 View Post
    Hello. I have a problem. I have a elm 327, i connect it to my c4 from 2006 and the soft says cannot connect unknown protocol. Can somebody tell me what to do?
    Thank you!
    Download STNTerm, then send the following commands:

ATZ
    ATH1
    ATSP00
    011C

Right click in the window, "save as" or "copy", and post here. Then, repeat with:

ATZ
    ATH1
    ATSP3
    011C

Best regards,

Vitaliy
    OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
    Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

And what are those command for? What is the purpose of this program?

Comment

Originally posted by bizkit1 View Post
        And what are those command for? What is the purpose of this program?
        The program is a virus, its purpose is to steal your private information, post it to our servers in Somalia, and then set your PC on fire.

I'm kidding. The software is a terminal that lets you talk directly to the ELM327 and your car. The first set of commands sets the protocol to "Automatic", the second set sets it to "ISO9141". Then we send two OBD requests, which ask the vehicle which PIDs are supported, and what OBD system it has.

Vitaliy
        OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
        Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

Does the same commands work for FIAT Grand Punto with 1.3 MJD diesel engine?

I get the same error as unknown protocol.

Comment

DigitalVampire, what's the model year and where (which country) do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalVampire View Post
              Does the same commands work for FIAT Grand Punto with 1.3 MJD diesel engine?

I get the same error as unknown protocol.
              The same commands should work, but I doubt that your vehicle is EOBD compliant (unless it's MY2004+ car).

See this page for a more in-depth explanation:

How do I know whether my car is OBD-II compliant?

Best regards,

Vitaliy

Comment

I have the same probelm unknown protocol.
                I make this test

ATZ
                ATZ

ELM327 v1.3a

>ATH1
                ATH1
                OK

>ATSP00
                ATSP00
                OK

>ATSP00
                ATSP00
                OK

>0100
                SEARCHING...
                UNABLE TO CONNECT

>011C
                011C
                SEARCHING...
                UNABLE TO CONNECT

ATZ
                ATZ

ELM327 v1.3a

>ATH1
                ATH1
                OK

>ATSP3
                ATSP3
                OK

>0100
                BUS INIT: ...ERROR

>011C
                011C
                BUS INIT: ...ERROR

I use this device

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AL-OB...=p4506.c0.m245

I had FIAT IDEA ELX 1.4 2007 from BRAZIL.

I try test with other software but not work too.

Thx

EMERSON VIER

Comment

I'm afraid that either your vehicles is not EOBD compliant, or the tool is defective.

Can you look at your diagnostic connector, and tell us which pins are populated?

Vitaliy

Comment

Brazil does not use OBD2 or EOBD. No rules there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaliy View Post
                      I'm afraid that either your vehicles is not EOBD compliant, or the tool is defective.

Can you look at your diagnostic connector, and tell us which pins are populated?

Vitaliy
                      Vitality check on the car?

Thx

EMERSON VIER

Comment

Originally posted by p2psmurf View Post
                        Brazil does not use OBD2 or EOBD. No rules there yet.
                        p2psmurf

Are you from Brazil?

Thx
                        EMERSON VIER

Comment

No, I'me not from Brazil.
                          But that fact has got nothing to do with the validity of the answer.

From which country are you? That would help identifying to which standard the car should comply.
                          How many oxygen sensors does the car have in front of the cat and how many behind the cat?

Comment

Originally posted by p2psmurf View Post
                            No, I'me not from Brazil.
                            But that fact has got nothing to do with the validity of the answer.

From which country are you? That would help identifying to which standard the car should comply.
                            How many oxygen sensors does the car have in front of the cat and how many behind the cat?

p2psmurf,
                            If you are from Brazil, more easy for me ask on Portugues(my english is terrible).
                            I live BRAZIL, I found one paper about FIAT IDEA on Italy and show the picture "EODB", but I know its the same on BRAZIL, here many car use ODB or ODBII.

Thx

EMERSON VIER

Comment

My Portugues doe not exist at all.
                              So, how many oxygen sensors (Lambda-sensors) does your car have?
                              Oxygen sensors are placed in the exhaust, in front and behind the catalytic convertor.

That this Fiat in Europe has EOBD does not mean it has it in Brazil. It is not required by law.
                              What's the engine code? Should be on a plate in the engine bay and looks like this:
                              188.A9.000 or 843.A1.000.

Comment

Working...
                              X