Sample fault code output required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample fault code output required

Just wanted to know if anyone has any sample data from a mode 3 request trobule codes function.

I don't have access to a car with the MIL lamp on at the moment and I would like to get my head around how these codes are interpreted. The more fault the better!

Cheers

Simon

Originally posted by sonicmule View Post
    Just wanted to know if anyone has any sample data from a mode 3 request trobule codes function.

I don't have access to a car with the MIL lamp on at the moment and I would like to get my head around how these codes are interpreted. The more fault the better!

Cheers

Simon
    Here's sample output from an ElmScan 5, connected to the ECU Sim (CAN):

Code:
    ELM327 v1.3a

>ath1
    OK

>03
    SEARCHING...
    18 DA F1 10 10 0E 43 06 01 00 02 00
    18 DA F1 10 21 03 00 43 00 82 00 C1
    18 DA F1 10 22 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    18 DA F1 18 04 43 01 01 01
    What are you using for development?

Best regards,

Vitaliy
    OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
    — Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

go unplug your O2 sensor. It shouldn't take long after that.

Comment

Or, possibly less destructively, leave your fuel cap off for a couple minutes.

Gary (-;
        OBDGPSLogger, for logging OBDII and/or GPS data
        OBDSim, an OBDII/ELM327 software simulator
        mp3car forums: obdgpslogger, obdsim

Comment

Fault Codes

Hi,
          I have written and posted a document on my web site to give a few examples and explanations of fault codes responses read from real vehicle ECU's with the OBDKey vehicle interface unit.

http://kbmsystems.net/files/Engine%2...h%20OBDKey.pdf

The tests were carried out on Ford ECU – CAN based OBD-II protocol - and
          VW Golf, Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi Evo 8, Triumph Motorcycle ECUs– ISO 9141 based OBD-II protocols- with the OBDKey version 1.10K

Sinclair

Comment

Nice examples Sinclair.
            Do you also have examples of mode 0A?

Comment

Sinclair, to answer your question, mode 0A is a new mode for reading DTC's.
              These DTC's are called "Permanent" and can only be reset by the ecu and not by a scanner. Mode 04 has no effect on these DTC's.
              The mode is defined in the 2007 version of SAE J1979 and ISO 15031, so I am amazed you never heard of it. Other programs like VCDS (or Vagcom as it was used to be called) and the Silver Scanner from the Dearborn group already support this mode in their software. Even wikipedia has already heard of it.
              See: http://engineers.ihs.com/document/ab...QIACAAAAAAAAAA
              and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

Comment

Mode 0A

Thanks for enlightening the group! Of course I had heard of it.... 2007 was a long time ago

Do you have sample commands and responses then? Care to share?

Cheers
                Sinclair

Comment

Strange, below is the message I received, are you trying me out or what?

"Mode 0A? I've only used modes 1 to 9 with OBD-II, so where would I find out more about mode 0A?
                  I have used the EOBD commands, SSM commands and VAG / KW1281 commands, but I don't recall mode 0A! Can you enlighten me please?
                  Sinclair "

I've got just one question left, Why is this mode still not supported by the majority of the programs which you have to pay money for.
                  I would expect an up-to-date program for the money they charge. Makes you wonder if any of the other new additions are supported.

Comment

Could it be due to lack of sample data?

Comment

Working...
                    X