Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELM327 and Baud Rate with OBD-DIAG

Hello.

I have recently purchased an ELM327 interface off Ebay and have used Hyperterminal to successfully send and receive a few commands to it at 38400 baud. I would like to now use OBD-DIAG which looks like really great software with the interface. I downloaded Version 1.01.02 of OBD-DIAG but it doesn’t recognize the interface since I suspect the program defaults to 9600 baud. I only see a way to change the COM port but not the speed. Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the speed of the software (perhaps through the OBD-DIAG.ini file)? I have tried sending an email to [email protected] as shown in the “About” section of the program but the message bounced back saying undeliverable. Thank you.

T.C.

'support AT obd-diag.NET'

Comment

Thanks, Magistertc. I resent the message using "[email protected]" and this time it went through. I will post back here and let the group know what I find out since it may help others with a similar issue.

Comment

Just wanted to let the group know that I received a prompt reply back from the OBD-DIAG support group re. changing the baud rate. Unfortunately, I was informed that there is no way to change the speed from 9600.

T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Techmann View Post
          Just wanted to let the group know that I received a prompt reply back from the OBD-DIAG support group re. changing the baud rate. Unfortunately, I was informed that there is no way to change the speed from 9600.

T.C.
          What's your level of soldering skills? There is a pin on the ELM327 (pin 6) which switches b/w 9600 and 38400 baud, you just need to disconnect it from ground and solder it to +5V.

The chip is a small surface mount device, so unless you have the proper tools and feel comfortable doing it, I would not risk it.

Vitaliy
          OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
          — Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

Thanks Vitaliy for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the unit is sealed and I don't want to void the warranty and/or damage the unit by trying to break it open.

T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Techmann View Post
              Thanks Vitaliy for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the unit is sealed and I don't want to void the warranty and/or damage the unit by trying to break it open.

T.C.
              Probably a good idea.. However I doubt the unit is actually covered by any warranty, and the unit is relatively easy to open: peel off the label, and remove four screws.
              OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
              — Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

Working...
              X