X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can some one help with my Engine Performance problem

2004 Dodge Durango
    V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 158000 miles

Last week the car started running a bit rough. I pulled the plugs and found them in need of replacement so I changed them. The originally installed plugs (Champion) were not on stock at my local Auto Parts so i got Autolite instead.

The car still ran rough. I pulled the plugs and reset the gap. Still running rough.

I got a scanner attached [free at Auto Zone] and it gave me readings of Misfire in cynders 4,1,8. As I had removed and moved coils and plugs 3 times i assumed it was only really one issue, they reset it and I left. went back a few days later and all it gave was misfire in cylinder 4. Got a new plug and a new coil. replaced them and STILL IT RUNS ROUGH.

Went to a mechanic and got a better ODB2 Connected and it gives me readings of: Misfire in cyl 4,cylnder 8, random misfire. it also has several flashing icons labeled c,ev,oh and several solid labeled m.f,cc,o.

Can anyone suggest to me what might be the issue with the rough running?

You probably already have this fixed, but most common things I know of are:
    spark plugs
    spark plug wires
    distributor cap
    2002 Honda Civic Ex --Worklog

Comment

Sounds like a leaky head gasket...but could also be low fuel pressure....or a damaged valve or valve seat. Bring it to a mechanic.....
      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
      - Always Recruiting Developers -
      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

last time i had this issue at with a different car. I went to a mechanic, he switched the coil from the working engine and placed it onto the misfired engine, then reset the engine light.
        If the engine light comes back with different engine misfiring, that means that your coils is bad. That's what happened to my car, and i replaced all the coils, and problem went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Punky View Post
          last time i had this issue at with a different car. I went to a mechanic, he switched the coil from the working engine and placed it onto the misfired engine, then reset the engine light.
          If the engine light comes back with different engine misfiring, that means that your coils is bad. That's what happened to my car, and i replaced all the coils, and problem went away.
          engine = cylinder?
          OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
          Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaliy View Post
            engine = cylinder?
            yes, excuse my poor mechanic vocab.

Comment

Working...
            X