Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Ford ABS Data

Hi all,

I have a Ford focus and an ELM327 scanner. The ABS light has recently come on and was wondering if there's any software out there that is compatible with my interface and will be able to tell me what is causing the light to come on?

Cheers

Check out http://www.autoenginuity.com/product...ware.html#EI01

Comment

Originally posted by p2psmurf View Post
      Thanks for that.
      How do I activate the Ford advanced features though? I can't see anywhere on the website!

Comment

If you're just trying to troubleshoot the light- it illuminates when there's any issue with the braking system. Most commonly, this is due to low brake fluid. Top off your master cylinder and see.

Comment

Or bring it to the dealership...you'll pay twice as much buying the software as you would for the most expensive mechanic to read the code for you.
          openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
          - Always Recruiting Developers -
          Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Originally posted by CapnBoost View Post
            If you're just trying to troubleshoot the light- it illuminates when there's any issue with the braking system. Most commonly, this is due to low brake fluid. Top off your master cylinder and see.
            It's definately not low brake fluid. It's the handbrake light that comes on when the fluid is low in my car.

Looks like i'll have to take it to a dealer as I can't find any software that tells me what the issue is!

Comment

Check out our ScanXL software - http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...anxl/index.php

Our ScanXL software supports your ELM327 interface and also has an optional Ford Enhanced Diagnostics Add-on that can read/clear ABS codes (among others) and read ABS sensor data.
              Brian @ Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.
              http://www.palmerperformance.com

Comment

One more thing -- since you already own an ELM327 interface, you can download our software from our website and see exactly what PIDs are available on your vehicle. It will let you connect to the ABS system and will operate in demo mode until you purchase a license key. This way you can make sure the software can connect to the ABS module in your vehicle before purchasing anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by dazz25
                  Thanks for that.
                  How do I activate the Ford advanced features though? I can't see anywhere on the website!
                  Here you are

Enjoy.
                  F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

Originally posted by dazz25 View Post
                    It's definately not low brake fluid. It's the handbrake light that comes on when the fluid is low in my car.

Looks like i'll have to take it to a dealer as I can't find any software that tells me what the issue is!
                    All you need is hyperterminal or such. The ABS module is at $28 for a PWM or $760 for a CAN system. Send a mode $22 request for DTCs with PID $0200 and if it comes back more than zero, then get the DTCs with a mode $18 request to the ABS module.

Comment

Originally posted by PPE View Post
                      One more thing -- since you already own an ELM327 interface, you can download our software from our website and see exactly what PIDs are available on your vehicle. It will let you connect to the ABS system and will operate in demo mode until you purchase a license key. This way you can make sure the software can connect to the ABS module in your vehicle before purchasing anything else.
                      Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the software but i'm not able to connect to the ABS.

I've opened the software, entered my car details, selected Ford ABS from the Diagnostic System drop down then clicked connect. It successfully connects but it only seems to connect to the Generic OBD-II and doesn't say anything about the ABS system.

Could you provide me with some step by step instructions?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajetcarl View Post
                        All you need is hyperterminal or such. The ABS module is at $28 for a PWM or $760 for a CAN system. Send a mode $22 request for DTCs with PID $0200 and if it comes back more than zero, then get the DTCs with a mode $18 request to the ABS module.
                        Hi,

Is there any chance you can talk me through how to do this?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by dazz25 View Post
                          Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the software but i'm not able to connect to the ABS.

I've opened the software, entered my car details, selected Ford ABS from the Diagnostic System drop down then clicked connect. It successfully connects but it only seems to connect to the Generic OBD-II and doesn't say anything about the ABS system.

Could you provide me with some step by step instructions?

Many thanks
                          If you select the ABS system in the drop-down and hit connect and it works, then you are definitely talking to the ABS module. Often times the ABS module uses the same protocol as the generic OBD-II stuff, so you are able to get data from both systems simultaneously in our software.

You can now go to the Settings tab and then PID Config to see what parameters are supported by your vehicle. You will still need a license key to actually do anything besides view Engine RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajetcarl View Post
                            The ABS module is at $28 for a PWM or $760 for a CAN system.
                            Hi cobrajet,
                            please, could you say me what systems are in Ford (Focus, Mondeo) ?
                            I thinked that there are/were systems with connection on K-line, or not ?
                            All ABS are on SCP/CAN bus ?
                            Thanks very much in advance.

Tomas
                            Tomas

Comment

Originally posted by PPE View Post
                              If you select the ABS system in the drop-down and hit connect and it works, then you are definitely talking to the ABS module. Often times the ABS module uses the same protocol as the generic OBD-II stuff, so you are able to get data from both systems simultaneously in our software.

You can now go to the Settings tab and then PID Config to see what parameters are supported by your vehicle. You will still need a license key to actually do anything besides view Engine RPM.
                              Ok i've just tried this now. I'm connecting but not getting anything else...not even the RPM monitor!

When I look in the logs I get: Failed to initialize OBD-II data logger! Error 703: Error: parameter list is empty.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X