Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is Hilux OBD protocol? kwp2000? or others?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is Hilux OBD protocol? kwp2000? or others?

Anybody can tell which protocol Hilux(toyota) support, It is KWP2000, ISO9141, or others? will Hilux support J1979.
    Thanks for your answer.

It all depends on the model year, the type of fuel (petrol, diesel) and which part of the world you live in (Usa, Europe, Japan or the rest of the world).
    Does the car have the required 16-pin connector? Which pins are in this connector?

Comment

Originally posted by p2psmurf View Post
      Does the car have the required 16-pin connector? Which pins are in this connector?
      Even that is no guarantee. In Japan, the connector will often be there, but it runs a tweaked version of the protocol and you need some weird unlock codes to get the module's to respond.

In the EU it will generally be either ISO 9141 or CAN, depending on model year and fuel type. In North America, I'm not sure. The 'Tacoma' generally follows the US regulatory requirements, but I'm not sure about units built/sold as a 'Hilux'.

-jjf

Comment

it is have a 16 PIN connector

Thanks for your reply.
        The vehicle have a 16 PIN connector. PIN 4,5,7,9,12,13,15,16 is available.
        Which protocol would this model use?
        Attached Files

Comment

Pins suggest ISO9141-2 or KWP2000. Whether or not the ecu actually supports the protocol depends on the rest of the question. Model year, fuel type, location.

Comment

Originally posted by p2psmurf View Post
            Pins suggest ISO9141-2 or KWP2000. Whether or not the ecu actually supports the protocol depends on the rest of the question. Model year, fuel type, location.
            I'd bet that 7/15 are electrically K and L lines, but with 9, 12, and 13 stuffed, I'd generally expect J1979 *not* to be supported unless there is a regulatory requirement.

-jjf

Comment

Working...
            X