Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimulation of ELM323 or ELM327

hi there!!!!!!!

i was wondering is there any stimulation tool or software on which i can test my project or run my stimulation related to ELM323 or ELM327, because i just don't want to jump directly to physically hardware testing.

plz guide me how to test ELM ICs on stimulation

Oupsss.. I didn't see you open a new post.. I've just answer to you to the ELM327 1.4 annoucement.
    www.outilsobdfacile.com

Comment

@remus08
      sorry i didn't find ur answer there

Comment

squreshi,

ok, doesn't matter I'm re-writing it here. I said that I've written a software that I'm called "ELM Emulator" for testing my software (screen shot of it can be watch at http://sites.google.com/site/outilsobdfacile/)

This software works under windows and allows to test application uisng ELM32x product. Actually I use it with com0com to test my application OB2Diag.

This emulator currently support mode 1, 3 and 4. If you're interested, I can provide you.

What kind of project are you working at?
        www.outilsobdfacile.com

Comment

I, also, have a pet simulator project. Works on all platforms, including windows, has pluggable data generators, supports multiple ECUs... lots of cool stuff.

http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/obdsim.html

Gary (-;
          OBDGPSLogger, for logging OBDII and/or GPS data
          OBDSim, an OBDII/ELM327 software simulator
          mp3car forums: obdgpslogger, obdsim

Comment

Oh, the current version is downloadable here:
            http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/down...2010-03-12.zip
            and the manpage is rendered here:
            http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/manp...der/obdsim.txt

Gary (-;

Comment

@remus08::
              how can i get this software "ELM emulator"??

what do you mean by saying this "i use it with com0com to test my application"

currently i want to develop a system which can be installed in a car (supporting OBD-II) which do all the diagnostics itself and generate an output in form of any alarm to inform the driver about the status of the car, like oil change, engine check up, etc...

Comment

Hi,

I guess some screen shots will be more explicit than a long paragraph
                I put those there -> http://sites.google.com/site/outilso...e/developement

Right now the software support only KWP protocol and what you can see on the ECU form.
                If it "meets" your need, just email me and I sent you back.

com0com is useful to create two virtual comport and by the way, etasblish a communication between the emulator and your application without any harware wires.
                http://com0com.sourceforge.net/doc/UsingCom0com.pdf As you're developping an embedded application, it's unuseful for you. Just use the serial port of your computer...
                www.outilsobdfacile.com

Comment

@remus08:
                  oohhh... basically im trying to work with Toyota and in toyota, CAN protocol is used, so i guess i can't use your software...

Comment

thanks for the com0com information by the way, it is new to me. no matter it is not useful for me in this project but its good to learn new things.

Comment

Ohh I've planned to made it compatible with CAN vehicule. I think it's gonna take not so much time. But right now, I'm working on something else. I can "up" on the forum as soon as I've implemented the CAN protocol. Surely next week!

What kind of data did you expect to get on vehicule to implement your "engine motoring system"?
                      www.outilsobdfacile.com

Comment

its ok, no problem....
                        frankly speaking i have no absolute idea about the data, but i guess i will use ELM327 and according to its output, i will program my controller, keeping lengends in my mind

Comment

Hello

Iím also looking for an ECU simulator, especially Iím looking for the mode 2 (freeze frame).
                          If you finish to code the CAN simulator Iím interested too.

My website here

Et oui, encore un franÁais

Comment

ECUsim 5100 supports CAN, freeze frames, and a bunch of other things.

We are currently working on an "el cheapo" version, which will be launched this summer.
                            ó OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
                            ó Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

I'm actually working on freeze frame in my sim, but I'm slightly lost as to how it all works [reading the spec which is sitting open in front of me]

If anyone can give me the cliff notes version of how freeze frame actually works, I would find it immensely useful :-) [I always imagined it was "just like mode1, but from when the error happened", wheras it's clearly not "just like mode1", it's "kinda sorta similar to mode 1, but not really".]

Gary (-;

Comment

Working...
                              X