OBDwiz: official announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBDwiz: official announcement

OBDwiz is an OEM version of TouchScan, and is a feature-packed, easy-to-use diagnostic software that is included free of charge with all ScanTool.net PC-based scan tools.

We've been quietly shipping it since April 1st, but today is the official launch date. If you purchased your scan tool within the last three weeks, you have it already.

More information and screenshots are available here:

http://www.scantool.net/obdwiz/

Enjoy!

Vitaliy
    OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
    Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

What if we have a tool that is older than that? Can we get a copy? I got mine at the AFKFest and would love to see what the new tool can do.

Comment

does it run on Linux?

Edit: Nope

Operating System Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
      Too bad.
      Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
      Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
      Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Originally posted by obstacleman View Post
        What if we have a tool that is older than that? Can we get a copy? I got mine at the AFKFest and would love to see what the new tool can do.
        Same here, it looks great.
        I have an ELMScan5 and want to upgrade the standard software to this.
        VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator
        Build 90% Apps 50% Install 10%

Comment

Our agreement with the software vendor expressly prohibits selling OBDwiz separately. However, you can contact [email protected] with proof of purchase, to get a discount code that will enable you to buy TouchScan (which has identical functionality) for $14.95.

If you purchased your scan tool within the past few weeks from an authorized distributor (such as MP3Car), contact the distributor and ask them if they can email you an OBDwiz license key. Unfortunately I can't provide an exact date range, because of the great variance in distributors' stock levels.

Best regards,

Vitaliy
          OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
          Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

So Vitaliy, are you saying there is no functionality differences between TouchScan and OBDwiz ?
            VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator

Comment

Originally posted by RevheadKev View Post
              So Vitaliy, are you saying there is no functionality differences between TouchScan and OBDwiz ?
              Correct.

Comment

Hi Vitaliy,
                Looking at the screen shots I notice that the dashboard version has L/km fuel consumption. Is there an ability to input the fuel tank size so that km-to-empty can be displayed ?

Comment

I don't think so, but I'm sure it's something that OCTech can add to the next update.

Comment

Hi Vitaliy,
                    Sorry if I appear to be a pain but I have some more questions to help me clear things for me.
                    Since I bought my ELMscan5-USB from another member some time ago then I would not be eligible for the update to OBDwiz (I presume) and therefore need to understand the best software to purchase for use on my WinXP carputer.

On the scantool.net/software webpage, Dashcommand is noted as skinable for carpc's and Touchscan is still listed while OBDwiz is not.
                    Can you let us know the differences between Dashcommand and OBDwiz and when it will be offered for separate sale if Touchscan is outdated ?

Comment

Sorry, we haven't gotten around to putting together an actual comparison. However, you can download demos of both DashCommand and TouchScan, the latter is fully functional (it's time limited).

http://www.palmerperformance.com/downloads.php
                      http://obdsoftware.net/TrialVersion.aspx

You can also view the feature list and screenshots on the respective websites.

We will continue to sell TouchScan on our website, and as far as I know OCTech has no plans to obsolete it either. OBDwiz is basically a rebranded OEM release of TouchScan. Right now, the only difference is that OBDwiz only works on the current ScanTool.net hardware, and the license does not allow us to sell it separately from the hardware.

Does this help?

Vitaliy

Comment

Just to clarify:

TouchScan is not an obsolete product. OBDwiz and TouchScan have the same features. OBDwiz is limited to new ScanTool.net hardware only. TouchScan works with all Elm327 compatible hardware.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                        X