vw passat cc gauges???help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vw passat cc gauges???help

hi i'm new to this site so i need your help..i own a vw passat cc 2.0tsi and i have install this unit kenwood DNX520VBT..i would like to ask if there is any way to have digital gauges in this screen throught my obd 2 port?and how??thanks

Not natively (that is, running on the Kenwood unit).

You could use the A/V input on the Kenwood unit and connect it to an iPod Touch or iPhone or Android. Running OBDII software such as Palmer's DashCommand, you can display it on the Kenwood.

You will need a WiFi OBDII dongle to connect to the OBDII port. If you do not own either the WiFi dongle or the iPod touch, it will run you around $400 USD to do this.

You could alternatively use a netbook/laptop with A/V output to do the same thing.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

ok thanks..i own a htc android phone so i will need the obd2 wifi and software for my phone plus micro usb with tv out to be connected to my kenwood unit..correct??

Comment

Correct.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
        X