MAF accuracy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF accuracy

MAF sensors produce results which factor in temperature, humidity, and altitude. They seemingly make the job of determining the Mass of Air flowing into the engine easy.
    However, I'm wondering how accurate or linear they are. For example, let say a known mass of air is passed through the MAF sensor. How accurate would the result be if the temperature was then varied from say 0F to 140F? Likewise with the humidity and pressure (Alt)?

Any one have any data?

Originally posted by split63 View Post
    MAF sensors produce results which factor in temperature, humidity, and altitude. They seemingly make the job of determining the Mass of Air flowing into the engine easy.
    However, I'm wondering how accurate or linear they are. For example, let say a known mass of air is passed through the MAF sensor. How accurate would the result be if the temperature was then varied from say 0F to 140F? Likewise with the humidity and pressure (Alt)?

Any one have any data?
    Standard OBDII PIDs include ambient air temp, intake air temp and barometric pressure, so I would "suspect" that those might be taken into account. Don't know about the humidity.

VegasGuy

Comment

Working...
    X