Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware Update Specification for Devices with STN Bootloader

Firmware Update Specification for Devices with STN Bootloader

STN Bootloader is a resident program that is factory programmed into devices designed by OBD Solutions. Its job is to write application firmware to the device’s flash memory, allowing the device to be easily updated in the field. The updates can be used to remotely fix problems and add new functionality without the need for costly product recalls.

STN Bootloader has a number of properties that make it ideal for carrying out remote updates:
    • Tamper-proof. The bootloader resides in a designated ‘boot block’, a small section of protected program memory, which is separate from application program memory. The firmware images are protec¬ted from tampering using strong military-grade encryption.
    • Brick-proof. The bootloader checks the firmware that is being uploaded, to make sure it is compatible with the device. If the upload is interrupted, it can be safely restarted.
    • Superior noise immunity. Updates can be done even over unreliable and noisy connections. The bootloader features a robust error recovery mechanism, and the integrity of each data packet is ensured by a 16-bit CRC.
    • Automatic baud rate detection allows the firmware updater application to negotiate the optimal communication baud rate.
    OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
    — Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Exactly the information that I have been looking for. I have been pondering how I could upgrade a microOBD that is embedded into a project and has no connection to a PC, thanks Vitaliy.

Comment

You're welcome! Didn't you also get this spec via email?
      OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
      — Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaliy View Post
        You're welcome! Didn't you also get this spec via email?
        No sir, but I have it now.

Comment

Working...
        X