Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can we control CAN-interfaced audio amplifiers yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we control CAN-interfaced audio amplifiers yet?

My 08 dodge ram has a built in audio amp that is connected to the CAN bus so that the factory radio that is also connected to the CAN bus can control left/right/front/rear/bass/treble/etc.

Is it possible to build a carputer and interface it to the CAN bus to control the amp?

Originally posted by opticalc View Post
    My 08 dodge ram has a built in audio amp that is connected to the CAN bus so that the factory radio that is also connected to the CAN bus can control left/right/front/rear/bass/treble/etc.

Is it possible to build a carputer and interface it to the CAN bus to control the amp?
    many obd-ii scantools can hook up with the CAN bus. If you know the write codes to control the amp, you can write a plugin for your favorite frontend (or use something like nobdy), to push those messages on the bus and control the amp.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

you'll need to double check some of the older threads, but i believe i remember reading a worklog from someone that installed a pc in a newer jeep. they were able to locate a aftermarket module to send the signal to the factory amp
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
      X