Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mode 0x06. Request On-Board Monitoring Test Results for Specific Monitored Systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mode 0x06. Request On-Board Monitoring Test Results for Specific Monitored Systems

Hi everybody!
    When my ECU receives a mode 6 request in ISO 14230-4, for example: Header bytes + 0x06 0x02 + checksum

My ECU replies with: Header bytes + 0x46 0x02 0x16 0x00 0x32 0x00 0x20 + checksum, where:
    0x02: TID Lean to rich sensor threshold voltage
    0x16: test limit type
    0x00 0x32: test value
    0x00 0x20: maximum test limit.
    My question is: How does the scan tool interpret the test value or test limit?
    My idea is: 0x00 0x32 = 50 decimal = 50 V but I think this is wrong.

I hope you could help me!!
    Thanks

You need to use the scaling for that particular Test ID. In this particular case, if the manufacturer obeyed J1979 recommendations, it is 0.005V/bit.
    OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
    Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

Thanks Vitaliy!! Then in my example the scan tool interprets 50*0.005 = 0.25 V?

Comment

Working...
      X