ODB Renault Clio Mk2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODB Renault Clio Mk2

Just wondering if anyone has had any success using any diagnostic tools with a Renault Clio mk2. I bought 2 usb scanners and have tried lots of software but it just won't communicate. (Note that they were cheap ones from ebay)
    I don't want to spend anymore money unless I'm pretty sure it'll work.
    My car is a 2000 reg.

Thanks

2000 model is not required to comply with the EOBD rules if it was also sold in 1999.
    Petrol or diesel engine?

Comment

It's a 1.2 petrol.

Comment

How many Oxygen sensors are there on the car?
        Is there an Oxygen sensor after the catalyst?

Comment

usually there is a before and after the converter inline engines and if v-6/8/10 engine it would have 4, 2 on each side SNO

Comment

As far as I know it just has the one.. I could be wrong.

Comment

With only 1 Oxygen sensor it's definitely NOT compliant with anything.
              You need a factory/dealer scanner or something similar to read the codes and data.

Comment

Ah disaster. :-( Thanks for the help.

Comment

renault diag

Hi!

You can read your car with DDT2000 software by renault with simpe k-line adapter. You only need to know some french to decode DTC.

Comment

MK2 means second series of Clio, I guess. That means you should have a D7F engine with 1149cm³ and like 60hp.
                    This Clio is quite special, it's got a Siemens Sirius32 ECU. And only this ECU supports OBD. I used to drive that car (germany), so I know about the facts.

Comment

Am I to take it from the last two posts that it is possible?
                      @ Phreak Show- that's exactly what I have!

Comment

Working...
                      X