Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-speed CAN

Hey guys,

I'm doing a telemetry project on my car, trying to collect and log a bunch of data using a carpc. I've got a kind of a unique situation on my hands, though: my car has 2 CAN busses, running at different speeds. One is car-wide, moves a lot of temperature and acceleration data, and runs at 500kbps. The other is the datastream from the ECU, and it runs at 125kbps.

Does anyone know if something like a ValueCAN, that has two inputs, would handle the dual speeds okay?

Thanks!

hello,

My interface has two CAN inputs , but one is SWCAN.

Do you need to process both at the same time?

Comment

Yes, I do need to process concurrently

Comment

Two ValueCANs?
        OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
        Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

Two ValueCANs would strain my budget. Is it not possible to use the two channels on the ValueCAN at different speeds? It seems like it should be...

Comment

As far as I know, you can only monitor one channel at a time. Two OBDLink SXs would run you $100:

http://store.mp3car.com/OBDLink_SX_2..._p/com-145.htm
            OBDLink MX: world's smallest, fastest, most advanced OBD/Bluetooth adapter with SW and MS CAN support. Read the review to learn more.
            Need to look up a diagnostic trouble code? Try the most up-to-date, free DTCsearch.com!

You cannot send me a private message using this forum. Use my email instead: vitaliy[@]scantool.net.

Comment

ValueCAN can do two CANs.. at the same time.. there are two versions a 1x and 2x the 2x is called the ValueCAN3 (don't ask).

Just go to intrepidcs.com...
              Hack your car's CAN BUS at www.canbushack.com

Comment

I am rethinking my approach... so wondering if there is a wireless (WiFi, BT) version of OBDLink that would withstand full utilization of 500k bus for let's say 2 hours without "Buffer full" incidents or even worse with quiet loss of frames.

Comment

Working...
                X