No announcement yet.

VirtuDash 0.1 released - a freeware to DIY customizabled dashboard for your car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtuDash 0.1 released - a freeware to DIY customizabled dashboard for your car

VirtuDash is a freeware for people who want to DIY a customized and unique dashboard for their cars. It reads out live vehicle data and illustrates the data in a customizable way based on a simple XML-based definition file.
    The download package contains two executables. The vdash.exe is the main app. The vcon.exe is a console program which polls data from OBD-II port, communicates with main app and pushes data to it. The main app renders the data in graphics with the data pushed.
    I developed VirtuDash on my VW Scirocco and has tested it on many types of cars and more than 95% of them worked.

Features
    • Reading out vehicle data through OBD-II port (work with ELM327 compatible USB or Bluetooth OBD-II adapter)
    • XML-defined dashboard layout (gauge, bar, digits etc.)
    • Third-party data input
    • HUD mode (mirrored display for projection)

Screenshot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.png
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	2307455

Download

Looks good. Is there a way to read other OBD info or just whats pictured?

Comment

Looking forward to the linux version!

Comment

tried to download this yesterday and the download link, pictures page and demo page are all down.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Any chance you could add MPG rating? There's been a formula floating around for gasoline vehicles that uses MAF, Short Term Trim and Long Term Trim readings to figure out instant MPGs
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

Comment

I don't understand why my account is banned because of I made this post. So I registered for another one to reply to people.

Comment

The download link is fixed. Sorry.
              Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
              tried to download this yesterday and the download link, pictures page and demo page are all down.

Comment

Yes. I will do this quite soon. Actually I am testing the calculation by comparing the result with built in MPG display in my car.
                Originally posted by nivanov View Post
                Any chance you could add MPG rating? There's been a formula floating around for gasoline vehicles that uses MAF, Short Term Trim and Long Term Trim readings to figure out instant MPGs

Comment

All common PIDs data can be read out. Just take a look at the XML file and the type of data to be shown can be configured.

Comment

Originally posted by stanleyhuang View Post
                    I don't understand why my account is banned because of I made this post. So I registered for another one to reply to people.

I don't think you have been banned, if you had it would have only been for this thread and the thread would have been deleted as well.

Although a first post that is a thread showing new software with a link to another site from someone in China is likely to be picked up as spam.

Oh and creating a second account is almost certainly going to get you banned.

Comment

Originally posted by stanleyhuang View Post
                      To our knowledge your first account was not banned but we are looking into it. Creating a duplicate account is not allowed. if you are having a problem, please contact an administrator. There have also been complaints of you selling commercial software without permission. The volunteer community moderators will make a decision within the next week about re-instating your account. If you have any questions in the mean time, please e-mail store@mp3car.com. If you would like to review the rules which you agreed to please look here. http://www.mp3car.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

If there has been a mistake we will turn your old account back on so you can use that.

Comment

Working...
                      X