Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

integrade OBD2 to '92 vechicle with Vag-com?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • integrade OBD2 to '92 vechicle with Vag-com?

    hey. i have an audi 80, wich has the Old 2x2 connector (protocol kw1281). i want really bad, to make digital LCD speedometer (Especially since my speedometer is broken ) but it seems that Dashcommand only supports, ISO9141 and above... so two questions. would an adapter from 2x2 pin to 16pin (obd2) work?
    if not, is there a way, to "translate" the cars protocol, to a protocol, supported by dashcommand? and if there are no sensors for somehting, add them?? i really need help so any advice is welcome!!

  • #2
    I can't speak on the connector to obd2 connector, but for a quick solution to your speedo needs would be to intall Driveline as a front end. As long as you have a gps unit it will provide a speedometer on the main page where the vehicle logo is just by clicking on the logo. It works for km's or mph. Just a thought SNO

    Comment


    • #3
      Somebody on this forum is working on a protocol translator for cases like these.
      BUT (VERY, VERY, Big But), that would only work for you if this old ecu has a vehicle speed, which I seriously doubt.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by settra View Post
        hey. i have an audi 80, wich has the Old 2x2 connector (protocol kw1281). i want really bad, to make digital LCD speedometer (Especially since my speedometer is broken ) but it seems that Dashcommand only supports, ISO9141 and above... so two questions. would an adapter from 2x2 pin to 16pin (obd2) work?
        if not, is there a way, to "translate" the cars protocol, to a protocol, supported by dashcommand? and if there are no sensors for somehting, add them?? i really need help so any advice is welcome!!

        Hello settra,

        You are searching for exactly that : http://www.proenium.com/products/pge1/

        This device automatically translates to OBD2 the old and non-standard protocols, and lets you add some additional sensors, like wideband, EGT or any of your choice.

        http://www.mp3car.com/engine-managem...ranslator.html

        What engine are we talking about?
        Last edited by reinoso; 12-07-2012, 05:40 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          i have seen what you speak of. but i dont know even ifmy car gives speed readings... and giving 150 euro, in risk is too much to afford but yes, acording to the charts i have seen, my protocol is KW1281, engine is 1.6lt around 80 HP. but as a project, it seems very good!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by settra View Post
            i have seen what you speak of. but i dont know even ifmy car gives speed readings... and giving 150 euro, in risk is too much to afford but yes, acording to the charts i have seen, my protocol is KW1281, engine is 1.6lt around 80 HP. but as a project, it seems very good!
            Diesel or petrol?

            Comment


            • #7
              gasoline!!

              Comment


              • #8
                And do you know the ECU and engine code? Maybe ABB, ABM, ADA ..

                Thanks
                Last edited by reinoso; 12-07-2012, 07:40 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  nope. i dont even know if it has one, conciderning i havent seen it anywhare... where would i find it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by settra View Post
                    where would i find it?
                    The ECU in older audi's is usually located underneath the carpet in the passenger fotwell.
                    Failure is not an option...
                    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
                    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      dafaq! realy?? you mean, THE carpet?(the most bottom part of car?_

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        really??? i will give it a look tommorow, and give feedback about the model!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Some additional info here: http://www.s2central.net/S2_Schemati..._locations.PDF
                          and here: http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/pow...ulocations.htm
                          Failure is not an option...
                          __________________________________________________ ______________________________
                          The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by settra View Post
                            nope. i dont even know if it has one, conciderning i havent seen it anywhare... where would i find it?
                            What exact month/year is your car?

                            For petrol 1.6L engine, your engine code is ABM:

                            - From 01/1991 to 07/1992 the ECU was Mono-Motronic MA1.2.1
                            - From 08/1992 to 1995 the ECU was Mono-Motronic MA1.2.3

                            They both respond to KW1281, and the ECU is receiving the speed signal on pin 36, so maybe the digitized speed value can be obtained from the diagnostic line.

                            In this picture you can see a Mono-Motronic MA1.2.1:



                            You can take a look at your ECM to see what exact code it has.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X