Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VAG Audi Steering wheel control using canbus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAG Audi Steering wheel control using canbus?

It's a long time I've been on this forum but I recently installed my carpc again in my new Audi TTRS. I've looked all over the place but couldn't find a way to use the steering wheel controls using the canbus interface. Is there something available, for instance canbus->usb->keyboard presses ? I've seen a great ibus project for BMW using k-can but perhaps there is also something available for the VAG users with canbus? I just like to use the steering wheel buttons to control volume and other stuff. Is there someone that can give me an heads up? I prefer not to use the whole odb plug because it's an immense plug and cable, perhaps you can use a single canbus wire somehwere

Could you use the joycon to do what you need? http://store.mp3car.com/Joycon_EXR_S..._p/com-159.htm Just a thought SNO

Comment

This project is the best for you but it isn't ok for AUDI . I wait also !!!
      http://www.mp3car.com/hardware-devel...che-volvo.html

Comment

I'm using an arduino with a canbus shield to turn my car PC on and off when I insert the key into the ignition. I also have it setup to send steering wheel button info as keyboard presses to the car PC but I plan on changing that eventually. The thing is finding the correct canbus id's for the things you want. I've found that even vehicles from the same manufacture have different id's. My Touareg canbus id's are completely different from just about every other VW with the exception of the Phaeton.

Comment

Originally posted by that_kid View Post
          I'm using an arduino with a canbus shield to turn my car PC on and off when I insert the key into the ignition. I also have it setup to send steering wheel button info as keyboard presses to the car PC but I plan on changing that eventually. The thing is finding the correct canbus id's for the things you want. I've found that even vehicles from the same manufacture have different id's. My Touareg canbus id's are completely different from just about every other VW with the exception of the Phaeton.
          Can you create a specific thread for this canbus interface with an arduino with your schematic and the id's founds or give us into this thread your project ?

Comment

Good idea, i'll start a general thread on Canbus. It should be an interesting thread.

Comment

Originally posted by that_kid View Post
              Good idea, i'll start a general thread on Canbus. It should be an interesting thread.
              THANKS It is

Comment

Sorry if I'm ressurecting a relatively old thread guys, just stumbled on this today... I recently did an install in my A3, which I believe shares the same steering wheel as the TTRS... I was able to get steering wheel controls with a vehicle specific harness by PAC that I got from crutchfield for installing aftermarket stereos... This harness has a CAN interface that outputs resistive signals for the swc... Then I just wired that to a Joycon that I bought from the store... Piece of cake... If you need any help PM me!! Id be glad to help you out!!

Comment

Originally posted by nandosreis View Post
                  Sorry if I'm ressurecting a relatively old thread guys, just stumbled on this today... I recently did an install in my A3, which I believe shares the same steering wheel as the TTRS... I was able to get steering wheel controls with a vehicle specific harness by PAC that I got from crutchfield for installing aftermarket stereos... This harness has a CAN interface that outputs resistive signals for the swc... Then I just wired that to a Joycon that I bought from the store... Piece of cake... If you need any help PM me!! Id be glad to help you out!!
                  Can give some pictures or explains

Comment

What year is your TTRS?

Comment

Comment

SteeringWheel Bluetooth Keyboard.

I am in the process of creating a device that turns resistive buttons from the steering wheel into Bluetooth KB commands. I am interested in adding CAN bus interface as well, i do not have a CAN bus car! I am also looking for beta testers for my device.

Any interest Let me know,
                        Fz

Comment

My car is canbus not resistive but this sound interesing. I have the canbus Id's for my steering wheel buttons but every car seems to be different so you woukd have to make the I'd's user defined if you want to cover different vehicles.
                          Last edited by that_kid; 04-07-2013, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Hey nandosreis,

I was curious of what model exactly was your PAC device ? Was it the SWI-RC or the SWI-PS ?

Thanks!

NavIt. The Open Source vector based Navigation software with routing engine.

My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee carputer project.

Comment

Working...
                            X