monitoring systems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitoring systems?

i am courious about some of the programs out there that can monitor a cars performance? anyone know of them? and maybe what i would have to do to tap into the cars puter? maybe something with the dia port?

and something else that has been on my mind where or how can i get a hold of a rta type program??

if ya got a Volkswagen or Audi I got the perfect program.

What you sportin???

Comment

I have a 1996 jeep cherokee sport. my freind who is really intrested in a program has a 1999 grand prix gt.

Comment

Both your and your friend's cars have OBD-II, so you could hook up a reader to the computer and read that information. Unfortunately, there aren't many electronic components on the Jeep (compared to other modern cars), and the ones there are aren't coordinated/bussed in any way (i.e. BMW's bus system), so you're pretty much limited to what the OBD-II can tell you (Speed, RPM, Engnie Load, Coolant Temp, O2 guages, Error code reading, etc.). I'm not sure what additional informat you could pull out of the Pontiac.
        '99 Jeep XJ - 4" Lift/35's - 15"/Shuttle

Comment

Is there a central listing? I checked one OBDii site and it said my year wasnt supported, bu the year after mine did. It would cool if i could run that shtuff. I havent frisked my car for the interface yet.

Comment

so is it possible to change settings in the vechicle through the odb11? stuff like the shift points, idle controll, stuff like that? I think that is what he is wanting to do, not just a monitoring system. He also said something about using an interface directly on the cars computer, not so much throught the obd port.

Comment

no OBD-II is mainly for monitoring, some cars allow modifications such as those through another tool that hooks up in the same way. most are ford or chevy's. I have seen a MUT-III tool for mitsubishi that lets you change fuel maps but the tool is $5,000 and only sold to dealers.

There are other ports on most cars now for these such tools but only on the newer models (1996 and later i believe and the reprogramming hasnt become popular till mid 2000)

Comment

Try Auto Tap, no you can't make adjustments, other than turning off the check engine light, but you can monitor quit a bit of information and it is displayed on a computer.

~Terpy~
                BigGrandCherokee.com

Comment

terpy, none of thoes links in your post work for me..

Comment

How can I monitor my engine data on my vw?
                    Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

Fast IS my copilot

Comment

Originally posted by guru_del
                      no OBD-II is mainly for monitoring, some cars allow modifications such as those through another tool that hooks up in the same way. most are ford or chevy's. I have seen a MUT-III tool for mitsubishi that lets you change fuel maps but the tool is $5,000 and only sold to dealers.

There are other ports on most cars now for these such tools but only on the newer models (1996 and later i believe and the reprogramming hasnt become popular till mid 2000)
                      Not true as far as GM platforms are concerned, DIY OBD-I reprogramming for these vehicles is both popular and extremely inexpensive. This includes reprogramming the engine computer in real-time "while the motor is running". Most GM OBD-I ALDL logging software is available to use for free. Even DIY OBD-II reprogramming for GM vehicles has become available recently; software such as that offered by HPTuners will do this and can be obtained for less than $600.

Comment

Originally posted by b5b4you2
                        if ya got a Volkswagen or Audi I got the perfect program.

What you sportin???
                        Hello b5b4you2,

Could you please inform me about the VW software.

I have an VW with OBD KKL interface.
                        I don't have the monitor software.

Vag-Com can do a lot but there must be better software with gauges to embed in the frontend.

Comment

Originally posted by m-ruiter
                          Hello b5b4you2,

Could you please inform me about the VW software.

I have an VW with OBD KKL interface.
                          I don't have the monitor software.

Vag-Com can do a lot but there must be better software with gauges to embed in the frontend.
                          that was odd to see that nick for a moment
                          anyway b5b4you2 does it only work with OBD form vw/audi?
                          my old ******* car doesn't have that. btw scoda and seat using the same system.

Comment

Originally posted by dodge
                            that was odd to see that nick for a moment
                            anyway b5b4you2 does it only work with OBD form vw/audi?
                            my old ******* car doesn't have that. btw scoda and seat using the same system.

Help Help, what's wrong with my nick

Comment

would like to know what other software except for vg-com can be used on the VW...

Comment

Working...
                              X