Obm (dsm) Fto?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obm (dsm) Fto?

Do I win most cryptic acronymical (did I make that up?) subject line?

Anyhoo, I'm UK based and have a Mitsubishi FTO GR (1995, JDM import). I know it's definately not OBD-II, but it has OBD-II port which some manufacturers (DSM in the US, etc) adopted but still used their older protocols.

Now, I know Mitsubishi Japan isn't strictly DSM, but I also know that there are diagnistics programs (pocket logger etc) designed specifically for the DSM protocol, so I was wondering if anyone knows, or can find out, if the FTO supports the DSM protocol.

What I do know is that the DSM loggers work on Mitsi Eclipse, 3000GT, Talon, Galant and some others I think? 3000GT and Galant are available in UK and Japan, are they built in the US or exported from Japan (then they may be the same).

I know the FTO gets debugged by mitsubishi using the MUTII. If anyone's got any Mitsubishi contacts, then if there's any info on the MUTII that may point in the right direction that would be useful.

Reason I'm asking loads of these questions, is I can't afford to get one "just in case" it will work. Because chances are I'll have to buy from US, and if it doesn't work, sell it back to the US since no-one here will have a use for it!

Anyone?

Cheers,

Sy

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

have you looked into www.dsmlink.com or www.dsmchips.com they have some good stuff for the first and second generation DSMs. both are opensource if they help you at all.

Dan
    (I want an FTO)

Comment

ask the question on www.dsmtuners.com or www.2gnt.com

<-- 99 Mitsu Eclipse

Comment

3000gt VR4 owner..

Hey,

I own a Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4 Twin Turbo and this subject has been discussed religiously on 3SI.ORG web board.
        Pre 1993 and some 1993 models (Depending on Manufacture date during 1993)
        have OBDI. 1993 (Depending on manufature date) on up to late 1995 have a "hybrid OBDII" which implements the 2nd O2 Sensor for improved emmisions but does not follow standard OBDII interface/data protocols. This was because Mitsu jumped on OBDII before standardization of OBDII. Cars with the Hybrid OBDII can not be interfaced with a PocketLogger (PalmOS) or computer at this point in time. I've also been told that when the Hybrid IS interfaced through mitsubishi's OBDII reader, that it doesn't give very much pertinant information, and is used as a "rough" tool to find out info. After late 1995 standard OBDII was implemented.

Hope this helps,
        phaZed

Comment

ok bringing this thread back to life, I'm trying to find information on interfacing the ODB1 on a 91 VR4, specifically I would like to find a cable capable of doing things similar to the BR3 from ODBDIAGNOSTICS.....except with ODB1....and at around the same price, anybody know of anything?
          PC Components:
          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
          My work log

Comment

bump
            PC Components:
            Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
            My work log

Comment

Danceheaven is using some sort of ODB with his FTO, may be worth asking him.

Comment

Did you get any info on this out of Danceheaven? Lookin for this for my FTO to.
                Audio:Pioneer KEH P6900R, CD multi Changer, CD-RB20 Aux input adapter.
                System:AMD550, 192 Ram, 13Gb HDD, Via Micro ATX, o/b Sound, 32Mb G/c, T/screen In-Dash 7" LCD VGA, IrMan, 120w inverter.
                O/s:Windows 98lite
                Software:MediaEngine 1.7.7

Comment

I have a DSM Eclipse G2 JPN with same problem with OBD!

As i can see We have "JOBD" protocol is a not OBDI and no a OBDII as G2 second edition....
                  maybe someone find schematics and sofware or Specification of this Protocol?????

HELPPPPP!!!!!

Comment

Where replays ??

Comment

Helppp???

Comment

I sugjest DigiTune. Every DSM'r I've spoke to says that is THE NICEST! for Dataloging.
                        1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
                        ABIT NF-M2 nView | AMD Athlon64 FX62 Windsor | nVidia GeForce 6150 | Realtek ALC883 7.1DTS | Vista x64
                        RF Power T162S | RF Power T162S | 2x RF Power T212D2 | RF Power T8004 | RF Power T20001bd | RF 3SIXTY.2

Comment

Originally posted by 97GST
                          I sugjest DigiTune. Every DSM'r I've spoke to says that is THE NICEST! for Dataloging.
                          What OBD protocol used in 95-96 GST Japan Eclipse with 4G63 and EPROM ECUs ? where i can find schema of adapors for PC and SOTWARE for datalogging and ERR reporting for this cars ?

Comment

EvoScan
                            Mitsubishi OBDII DataLogging Project. Supports a large number of 1996+ Mitsubishi Vehicles.

http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/
                            1) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV/V/VI/VII/VIII/IX (100->180/total samples per second!)
                            2) 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ (180->200/total samples per second!)
                            3) 1996+ Mitsubishi OBDII Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Evo4mad
                              EvoScan
                              Mitsubishi OBDII DataLogging Project. Supports a large number of 1996+ Mitsubishi Vehicles.

http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/
                              1) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV/V/VI/VII/VIII/IX (100->180/total samples per second!)
                              2) 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ (180->200/total samples per second!)
                              3) 1996+ Mitsubishi OBDII Vehicles

I MEAN up to 1996yrs Mitsubishi DSM (Eclipse G2 1995-1996)! is no OBDII Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                              X