Does my car have OBD-II ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does my car have OBD-II ?

i read the faq and it says all cars after 1996... and some earlier models.. i have a 1995 Renault Laguna it doesnt have a digital odometer.. i was wondering if someone could confirm whether i have odb or not?

thanks..

Originally posted by Omar78
    i read the faq and it says all cars after 1996... and some earlier models.. i have a 1995 Renault Laguna it doesnt have a digital odometer.. i was wondering if someone could confirm whether i have odb or not?

thanks..
    It's very unlikely to have OBD-II. All cars manufactured and sold in USA had to have it from 1996. I think I'm right in saying Renault weren't selling in that market at that time. (are they now?) The OBD-II plug is standard and the connector must be located within three feet of the driver and must not require any tools to be revealed. Look under the dash and behind ashtrays.
    Theres more information on our website at www.action-replay.co.uk/drivers.

Hope that helps

Comment

well iv never come acorss anything...behind the ashtrays etc.. so im guessing it doesnt... i'll have a look in my haynes manual.. was really hoping to have all the guages etc.. would look cool for my carpc..

Comment

look under the hood There should be a smog tag. It will tell you if you're car is OBD-II certified or OBD-I. Cars made after Jan of 96 and are sold in the US are OBD-II certified. I highly doubt your car is OBD-II.
        NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cproaudio
          look under the hood There should be a smog tag. It will tell you if you're car is OBD-II certified or OBD-I. Cars made after Jan of 96 and are sold in the US are OBD-II certified. I highly doubt your car is OBD-II.
          He's The Man...look under the hood

btw: some late '95 had obd2, i guess that depends of the make
          Danny.

"If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
          My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

Comment

this is the reply i got from a company..

I'm afraid that from our records, the Renault Laguna did not become OBDII/EOBD compliant until 2000/2001.

I've checked our reference material for the various engine management systems, and unfortunately it looks as though the fault codes on the 1995 Lagunas can only be read using the text readers used by the dealers/garages.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks again and best regards,

Dean Norman

Gendan Limited
            http://www.gendan.co.uk
            http://www.gendandirect.co.uk

Comment

my volvo 440 turbo uses a renault engine aparently
              so in other words - i dont have it either

Comment

Originally posted by belmontboy
                my volvo 440 turbo uses a renault engine aparently
                so in other words - i dont have it either
                Well, you are right that the 440 doesn't have OBD II but it's because of it's age and becuase of the engine. OBD-II wasn't required until 96 in USA and 2001 in Europe. European Volvos built between 96 and 2001 probably DO have it but Renault don't. That's because Volvos were on sale in USA but Renaults weren't.

Comment

darn!

Comment

Working...
                  X